Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Back your country up

On a side note the Supreme Court didn't win him the election, good old fashion southern corruption and Nader won bush the election.
    Southern Corruption? Come on Bballad, give me a break. You should well know that corruption comes from all over the states, not just the South. There are just as many corrupt leaders in the North as there are in the South so don't go saying stuff about Southern corruption. Also isn't that kind of steriotyping everybody from the South when you say that their corrupt and stupid? I thought a person like you at least wouldn't steriotype. I haven't done any reasearch, but I bet that the kids in New York tested just as badly as the kids have done in Texas.
    tsk tsk tsk, all those personal attacks, and still with out a good point.
    Ok, first of all Worm Wood you say this.
    i can say that by far the stupiedst ppl i talk to are from the chicago area.
    And it clearly shows here that you are doing the same thing that he is doing! Your such a hypocrite, and another thing is that if you never scored below 95% like you claim then you can at least show it by using the correct grammar when you type in a post. I have seen at least a dozen spelling and grammatical errors from you in this thread alone (and don't forget all of the abbreviations). If you are going to write a reply then you should at least take the time to show that you know how to write correctly. There is a spell check button right across from the submit reply button if you need to use that.

he started it, i was responding. he started the personal attacks. i cant use spell check on this machine, it wont load. and i could never spell. good thing spelling was never on any of those test. very little grammer to, mostly comprehension.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

he started it, i was responding. he started the personal attacks.
    Ok, Worm Wood, your not getting my point. I don't care about who started it first, you still did it! Your still a hypocrite and your actions weren't justified because "he started it." By the way how old are you?

and i could never spell. good thing spelling was never on any of those test. very little grammer to,
    again

P.S. If you don't know grammar and spelling then Bballad has perfect reason to make fun of how bad the teaching is in Texas. You have proven that Bballad is completely right and you are completely wrong. Also if your going to post on AntiOnline here's a heads up, people are going to neg you a lot if you don't learn how to type correctly.
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

My sugestion worm wood, open a copy of word, type your messages in that, and then cut/past. My spelling kills the spell checker so I use that.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

i cant, am at work and do not have word on this machine, dont have anything better than notepad. and spelling has nothing to do with teaching, i just cant do it. its not from lack of teacher trying.

and i suggest u look up the meaning of the word hypocrite.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

hypocrite
    n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh BTW, http://www.spellcheck.net/ . It's amazing what google can do.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Am I the only person who is sick and tired of this pro-US propaganda? People have the right to protest, even if they happen to be in the minority or not support the government. In fact, generally people who protest are against the government, otherwise they wouldn't be protesting in the first place.

Bush seems intent on labelling anyone who doesn't agree with him "an enemy of the US" or "Coalition of unwillings" or whatever stupid names he picks out of a hat.

The US isn't my country anyway (thank goodness for that), so I wouldn't be supporting my country by believing everything the Republican party says anyway.

To be honest, I was fairly pro-war over here in the UK, but only because I thought it was the only way to get rid of Sadaam (we should have finished him in the last Gulf War, but we didn't, so this time we should make sure).

LIVE FREE, OR DIE!!!
    Agreeing with what the United States government says is not what I would consider to be a life of freedom. Criticising those who protest against war is also not about freedom. In fact, if you are so pro-freedom you should be allowing (if not encouraging) people to protest because they have a right to do so if they wish. Suppress them and you are simply a Communist government in disguise.

Hug a soldier, not a tree
    I prefer Winston Churchill's quote:

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

And of course, from Voltaire:

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it."
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Originally posted here by pwaring
    Am I the only person who is sick and tired of this pro-US propaganda? People have the right to protest, even if they happen to be in the minority or not support the government. In fact, generally people who protest are against the government, otherwise they wouldn't be protesting in the first place.

Bush seems intent on labelling anyone who doesn't agree with him "an enemy of the US" or "Coalition of unwillings" or whatever stupid names he picks out of a hat.

The US isn't my country anyway (thank goodness for that), so I wouldn't be supporting my country by believing everything the Republican party says anyway.

To be honest, I was fairly pro-war over here in the UK, but only because I thought it was the only way to get rid of Sadaam (we should have finished him in the last Gulf War, but we didn't, so this time we should make sure).

Agreeing with what the United States government says is not what I would consider to be a life of freedom. Criticising those who protest against war is also not about freedom. In fact, if you are so pro-freedom you should be allowing (if not encouraging) people to protest because they have a right to do so if they wish. Suppress them and you are simply a Communist government in disguise.

I prefer Winston Churchill's quote:

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

And of course, from Voltaire:

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to my death your right to say it."

Well just so that there is no hard feelings, we, here in the U.S., are happy not to have you.

Disagree with whomever you like, and fight the good fight however it seems to you. We do allow protests and I welcome them, especially when it further points to how on track we truly are. Stifle free expression? You don't live here so how exactly would you know or even think you know?

P.S. I love W.C. and Britain. Great beer, lousy weather.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I don't think I'll add to this arguement. disagree all you want.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Stifle free expression? You don't live here so how exactly would you know or even think you know?
    The point I was making was in relation to the initial post in this thread - about someone being sick of anti-war protesters and how they should back up their country instead of hugging trees. Regardless of whether people agree/disagree with anti-war protesters (I happen to strongly disagree with them), that isn't grounds for saying that they should stop fighting for what they believe in.

Great beer, lousy weather.
    After the recent Eurovision fiasco, I'm beginning to think that great beer and winning wars are all we're good at.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.