Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cosmos and Antipoints

Banned

Cosmos and Antipoints

Could you all do me one huge favour and stop giving out antipoints in Cosmos? Thanks!

Many people don't agree with people getting negged for just stating their opinion. Many people don't agree with people getting heaps of antipoints for non-security related posts.

The original idea of Cosmos was to make it a private (invite-only) forum, but that has never been implemented. I myself don't like the idea of having it that way, but keep on negging and giving out positives, and one day you'll find Cosmos to be invite-only.

Let's grow up, keep on the same discussions we've always had on Cosmos... but without the antipoints (and yes, that means this thread included )

I'm totally agree with you. All the neg points I have were done in Cosmos because I'm french. I never gives antipoints in Cosmos because in political (like in religion) there is not one truth. Hope everybody hear you.

It's funny but Ghostdog got positive antipoints in the post right after Neg asks people to not give points in this forum. On top of that Ghostdog is antipoint bitching and he got positive points. Hmm.

That's quite amusing.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

You have completely reason KorpDeath. In reaction that asked Negative and that I said some thought "to correct an injustice". I have not reacts to have points since the message of Negative was of not to attribute points to this forum, but I do not have the capacity to control people .

Hmmm...Looks to me that anti-points are still flying around in Cosmos. There is a bunch more being dished out to negative in another thread. How will the moderator go about enforcing this anyway?

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    As since most people who come here in cosmos still give antipoints, even after the moderator asked NOT to, I think these people are or , minus 6 years old, or just ignorant.

So my suggestion to Negative is to ask JM to block the AP-system for this forum ( If it's possible of course)....

Let's grow up, keep on the same discussions we've always had on Cosmos... but without the antipoints
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Kwiep
    Well, this has to go through peoples own free cooperation... It can't be done otherwise as being discussed a thousenth times... If this forum is locked people will throw the crap somewere else... The antipoint system is just an anonymous flaming zone, so it get's used like that.

If people think a mod asking isn't enough it won't happen and this forum night go private... like Negative said...
    Double Dutch

Well I gotta go with Shrekkie, remove the antipoints on this forum.

You can neg people on other post but it is still a bariere to be taken.
    I posted some on this a litte bit and as I have understood this items is on the board from a long time.

Well i just got here so perhaps my opinion doesn't count, but I think antipoints should be used anywhere but always wit discresion. Like said earlier, you shouldn't get neged for your oppinion but maybe for expressing it with too much vulgarity and direct insults on someone elses beliefs. Just a thought.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

good idea negative, you should take it to our new owners if you havnt already, that is if you cant disable antipoints in this forum yourself since you mod it

i hope im right that cosmo's is to do with religion and philosophical discussions?

people really dont like to see what they believe in religiously or philisophically negged to death or disagreed with as it can tend to be a touchy subject, i myself dont post in cosmos much myself as im afraid of offending someone and being negged to death, i suppose the AP's in cosmos does ave a good point thought now that i mention that, it makes people think twice about what they are saying...