Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cosmos and Antipoints

Banned
    Well... it looks like things have gotten a lot better lately. Thanks

How will the moderator go about enforcing this anyway?
    I won't... if things get worse again, I'm going to have to request to make Cosmos invite-only.

So my suggestion to Negative is to ask JM to block the AP-system for this forum ( If it's possible of course)....
    I'm not sure if it's possible, and as pointed out by neel, there are always circumventing possibilities for people to assign negs.

i hope im right that cosmo's is to do with religion and philosophical discussions?
    Religion, philosophy, politics, science,... yups.

I just think it'd be nice if people could vent their opinions without having to fear to be negged.

The funniest thing is that I received a neg with this thread . I think that some need to have english/reading lesson

Originally posted here by Ghostdog
    I think that some need to have english/reading lesson
    Please don't take offense to this, cause I don't mean any, but that's a fairly humorous remark coming from you, ghostdog.

But I do agree that some members need to read more....

On to the topic:
    How about a banner or splash screen when entering Cosmos to "remind" people , eh? Is that doable or what?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Or, we could all just control ourselves when we don't agree with a posting.

:-)
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Yeah, you're living in dream world, aren't you gold eagle??? hehehe

People at AO control themselves? I've got some beach front property in Arizona just for you...
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

beach front in Az? Man, I'll take it. Maybe I am living in a dream world though, ...I
    wondered why everyone else was asleep.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I think that people should refrain from assigning antipoints based on personal opinions (i.e.., he disagreed with my point of view, so I'm going to neg him) but still dish them out to exceptional posts at either end of the scale - either a well-put argument (regardless of whether you agree with it or not) or just plain stupid posts (to prevent people from abusing the "no antipoints here" rule to post crap in the Cosmos forum).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

i think that the whole idea of antipoints in cosmos is wrong.
    the cosmos forum is for the exchange of ideas and concepts, not the judgement ot it.
    i cannot say my ideas are better or worst then anyother so let's take out the idea of antipoints in cosmos.

If it cannot be implemented for tech reasons, here is another simple idea on how to go around it:
    whenever someone assigns +/- antipoints, he get the same amounts negatively for doing it in cosmos. in this case both will get penalized and will think twice before giving antipoints.
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Ok now that we can see who has neged us in cosmos d o we call them out? I am willing to bet the negs I got from cosmos came from the same people who neged otehrs. I am willing to let them have overall anonmyaty if they stop...if not I say the list gets posted as a wall of shame type of thing.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

good idea. we do need someway to stop this, ive gotten 7 so far in cosmos, ok, 1 i deserved because it was a personal attack, but the others were valid points. a an ao wall of shame would be nice.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.