Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The AntiOnline Logo Contest begins on Wednesday the 16th!

The AntiOnline Logo Contest begins on Wednesday the 16th!

AntiOnline is having a Logo Contest!! The contest starts Wednesday, April 16th and ends on May 16th! Please read our Contest Rules page before you begin! You can find it here: http://www.antionline.com/aoprizerules.html

Essentially the logo must be created with a vector-based application, i.e. Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand, and fonts must be converted to outlines.

You can submit your entries in this thread, and the community can view and comment on them. On Monday, May 19th Jupitermedia will make our final decision and award the prize, a $50 gift certificate from Amazon.com.

Thanks, and good luck!

wow, a $50 gift cetificate?
    so much reward, so little time. </sarcasm>

seriously, why not get one of your employees to do it? this seems to be nothing more than a gimmick.

Hey this is a joke but since i was an old member and probably will be banned for this. I would just like to say the logo is a joke and so is the contest. hehe. Another thing I'm really dissapointed in the new management. They don't know shiznit about shiznit. JP shouldn't have sold AO to these guys in my opinon. I would just like to say it cause I think alot of people are thinking it. So without furthur a due GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

I think you all know what the right thing to do is

logo

Nadir, this contest was requested by the comunity..

As you might know AntiOnline is (or atleast used to be) all about the comunity..
    So letting us design a logo is a part of that Community feeling..

so let me add my fugly logo.. not to win.. just to add something to this community..

this was done in 0.35 minutes with The Gimp
    wich automaticly disqualifies me from the contest..
    I forgot they had to be vector based
    well screw it..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

yea, i will submit a new logo as soon as i make one. but i just wanted to ask, didnt AO change its logo not so long ago. and is this new logo going to be put up or is it just a small comp??
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Okay, here is my design. please note that i am a mathematical person and do not have that artistic appeal, so it wont look as good as anyone elses :P, but i hope you have fun.

My one is in the spirit of my favrite web browser, Opera. its not exactly charming but if you want to change it you can.

Behold, The Spirit of Opera:
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

seriously, why not get one of your employees to do it? this seems to be nothing more than a gimmick.
    who the **** are you too come here and flame the new owners ? you retard

Hey this is a joke but since i was an old member and probably will be banned for this. I would just like to say the logo is a joke and so is the contest. hehe. Another thing I'm really dissapointed in the new management. They don't know shiznit about shiznit. JP shouldn't have sold AO to these guys in my opinon. I would just like to say it cause I think alot of people are thinking it. So without furthur a due GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

I think you all know what the right thing to do is
    back again FreeOn

They don't know shiznit about shiznit
    and JP did ?

As you might know AntiOnline is (or atleast used to be) all about the comunity
    to be honest the_jinx i think jupitermedia is focusing more on the community and the reason why this site is here security

good job trust not at least you're taking it serious

and to all the people ready to flame jupitermedia think twice they are doing a good job here and every good turn they try to do theres always those ungratfull bastards willing to shoot them down give them a chance halfwits !

sorry for this in this thread intimon but this needs to be said
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Originally posted here by Nadir

Nadir,

I was the one that suggested to them a reward (originally a t-shirt but they might not have any) and encouraged the contest (before the recent contest thread was started). Why so hard on them when they are trying to be part of the community? Since everyone dislikes the present logo, it made sense to ask everyone for their ideas. And a month isn't the total time to work on it. It's the time allowed. You could do it in 10 minutes if need be but there has to be enough time to allow as many members to see the contest, think up ideas, etc. Maybe a new person comes in with a great idea but if the contest was only open for a day or so, they might miss out.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

alrighty then, heres my contribution..

Banned
    i put like a whole day into this
    i hopes you all apreciate it
    kthnx
    rioter