Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The AntiOnline Logo Contest begins on Wednesday the 16th!

Looks like this hasn't turned out the way JM wanted it to.
    LOL

sorry i just find this funny.... can't wait for the pink theme

Congrats on ure win SD!

/edit
    If it was up to me, I would post a poll of all submissions, and let AO's members decide
    i agree! What's a community if the community doesn't make the decissions?

BTW...personally i think GG's first entry should win...if not hers, then my own second entry!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

Banned
    whyyyyyyyyy oh whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...... god darn it whyyyyyyy didn't I WIN ....hehhhe
    congratulations Sick Dwarf

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    If it was up to me, I would post a poll of all submissions, and let AO's members decide
    LOL, I would vote on SickDwarf's fourth entering !!

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

In all honesty, I truely think we should have Gore's banner on AO...just for a day or two at least.

That was ****ing hilarious.

/me dies laughing
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I found the font I used. It's called "Octicity" and is freeware.
    http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=1407
    Bleh.

Guys & AO administrators,

I just want to give my opinion here and please understand this is just an opinion. I think is not fair that Sick Dwarf logo's has been chosen. He said he was just scewing around and there were people that really use time and thought about a a good design like Greek Goddess that really has an excellent design. But maybe i'm wrong here and this wasn't unfair, because if you think his design is better than others well, there's nothing we can do unless you let the community vote about it, but what i think is really unfair (and Sick Dwarf please correct me if i'm wrong) is that that logo isn't totally in a vector program, the shadows and perfection of the borders (like anti-aliasing) show that logo was made in a program similar to PhotoShop. If this is true it is unfair because any of us, me included, would have used PhotoShop to create really good efects that give a professional touch to any design you make. When you present a logo like a vector will never reach the queality of a logo made in PhotoShop for example. I could bet it took a lot of time to Greek Goddess to make her design and, as Sick Dwarf said, he just took some different fonts and "apply" (not create) some efects so... i think is totally unfair and Greek Goddess is a real champion giving the congratulations to Sick Dwarf.
    Hey Sick Dwarf, please don't think is against you, not even close, i like the logo very much really, and is not against AO administrators is just against the decission made that i think is unfair.

Please, Sick Dwarf, tell us if you have made the logo in a not-vector-based program or if you have used some not-vector-based efects. Pleaseeee!!!, again, is not against you, i'm just defending the rules of the contest.

Really, really sorry if i'm wrong but i prefer asking instead of keeping that doubt forever.

Thanks all and sorry for my boldness, bye,

DKRR

Originally posted here by gore
    10 minutes in MS Paint can do wonders

LOL.....hehehe that's funny ...you are funny man gore
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

-DaRK-RaiDeR-:
    1. I opened photoshop.
    2. Typed some text.
    3. Chose a font
    4. Created a layer style with glow/gradient overlay, etc etc
    5. Changed fonts/text size & color as I saved the different versions in jpeg format
    I never created it in a vector based program, and I wasnt planning on doing so. No offence taken
    Bleh.

Guys,

Well, i think there's nothing to discuss here. The rules were clearly written i think and they say the logo has to be done in a vector based program. Sick Dwarf has demonstrated he's an excellent member and gentleman telling us the exact way he followed to make the logo knowing his logo can lost the winner award. I don't know what the decission will be know, but before an administrator answer back here i think, although the logo is invalid, Sick Dwarf would still keep his $50 dollars ticket award because it wasn't his mistake or fault and he was already the winner although AO owners decide to choose another logo then.

Please, if there's an administrator that could tell us about this... intmon?

Thanks,

DKRR

PS: Sick Dwarf, i really appreciate what you did and will take you as one of the more respected members here and know many other members would do the same. You're a real champion too!!!

DKRR: i never gave any information to let them give me the $50, so it's still available for the true winner, if JUPM agrees to follow their own price rules....
    Bleh.