View Poll Results: Spirits speak to us!!!

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I\'m still here I just choose to lurk now

1 10.00%
  • I was banned but am back with a different name

1 10.00%
  • I\'m neither of the above options I just like to push poll buttons

8 80.00%

Thread: AO. Forum Admins To Tough?

AO. Forum Admins To Tough?

I know I think that the admins on this forum dont give anyone a break, they will ban you from the site in the blink of a eye just for saying what you beleave. Do you think they ban to many people for to many dumb reasons?

What you are saying is not true.

It is not the admins that do the banning.
    It is the community as a whole. They are the ones who assign the antipoints.
    If people don't like your posts... they will let you know.

The admins can and will ban in special circumstances... but its been a while since that has happened. I think the last people to get banned were a group of seniors for abusing the AP system. I think*
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    phishphreek is correct. Any bannings that have been done recently are due to negatives points being given by members. Negative points are given out for a variety of reasons from poor posts, plagarised posts, inappropriate posts, etc. The moderators mostly spend their time moving posts around from one forum to another.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Bah can we close this stupid post?
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Sprink, read the FAQ, it will tell you all about banning, ect, ect, ect....
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

Hmm... I'm on this site for about 2 weeks ("active" posting and thread-searching), and I've seen such a topic for about... eeh... 50 - 150 times, maybe. I don't get why you people ever care. Registration takes about 2 days (max), during this time one can sit-relax-just_look_through_the_threads. If I ever get banned, I'll just reg again... and again... and again...

I thought that JP implemented a feature that changes your Member Status to "auto-banned" (instead of just "banned") if you are banned by the AntiPoints. This might have changed since but I could swear such a feature did exist. Now when looking through the Recently banned -list all of them are plain "banned"? They do all have three red dots...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25