Thread: Make Your Voice Heard

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Make Your Voice Heard

Have you ever thought about writing your congressman or the President or wanted to send your $.02 in to a newspaper or magazine but you didn't know how to contact them? This is the site for you:

Mr. Smith Emails Washington / The Media

You can click on your state or the Whitehouse or different congressional committees within the Washington side and send your message to them through an online web form.

On the media side there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of publications and media outlets to choose from. They are categorized to make it easier to find what you are looking for. Once you find it you can voice your opinion by writing your message in the online web form and having it delivered to the editor of the publication you choose.

You always hear people say that an individual can't make a difference, and I don't necessarily believe (especially emailing politicians) that it changes anything, but enough voices can. I forget the number but I was told once that each letter sent to a congressman was treated as if it were 2000 or 5000. Basically, they assume that for everybody with the time, energy and balls to send them a letter there are X number of lazy people who feel the same way.

Check it out and let your voice be heard.

you can voice your opinion by writing your message in the online web form and having it delivered to the editor of the publication you choose.
    It would probably help if you also sent a check for forty or fifty thousand dollars.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Unfortunitly I don't thikn email dose any good. I talked a bit with the congrasman from my district and he said that he tries t oread all of his snail mail but he never reads the email, and most of congress is the same, its just not worht it.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I don't have experience really trying to deal with my U.S. representative or senators, but my state senator is awesome about stuff like this.

I have had many issues dealing with child support and custody issues and when I couldn't get the support I needed from the agency that is supposed to provide it I started copying my letters, faxes and emails to my state senator and representative.

My state senator's office calls me almost every time to follow up and they address and escalate the issue immediately. They have used my emails and faxes as part of presentations they have given to try and revamp the agency I was having issues with.

I know that is probably the exception rather than the norm sadly. However, even if its not the norm I am not one to throw up my hands and say "they just don't listen to little old me so I won't try". I am much more likely to stand on a mountain top and yell until I am blue in the face to get them to live up to the responsibilities they volunteered for. They are there to represent me and I am not going to let them shirk that responsibility lightly.

<steps off soapbox>

At least that's my $.02

I am not saying that you shouldn't try, but every one should be aware that if you want your message heard a letter over snail mail carrys much more weight then an email. This is 10x more so in the case of patitions.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?