Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netbios open, im screwed...

Netbios open, im screwed...

OK i just read this tut. on howto hack computers a while ago but i thought nothing of it. So i was bord one day so i ran the command nbtstat -a my ip here and it gave me this:
    Lana #0:
    Node IPaddress: [my ip here] Scope Id: []
    Netbios Remore Machine Name Table
    Name Type Status
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HackerDan <00> Unique Registered
    Underground Net <00>group Registered
    HackerDan <03>Unique Registered

MAC address= 00-0A-E6-0B-AD-65

And in the tut it said if that opens up your hackable, and its really easy. Please help i want to close this. Im running windows ME and im sure i turned netbios off no sharing at all! I need some help please! Thanks
    Hacker dan

afaik, as long as you haven't got any shares, indicated by <20>, then you've nothing to worry about as far as the traditional netbios attack is concerned.

Well it isnt hackable persay 03 isnt websharing if it was 20 you could connect and issue some commands like cd get put etc so you did disable file and printsharing but the port is still open i assume you arent running any type of fireawall get outpost or keiro ZA sucks ass

Outpost
    Keiro
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Umm yea im using Zone Alarm and Agnitum Outpost, both free versions... ehh so how do i close this port i thought my firewalls were suppose to close it for me?
    Hacker dan

Hmm outpost doesent let you run 2 firewalls at once maybe there conflicting against each other and none are working. I havent used a windows box for ages but uninstal one of the firewalls and configure it correctly i cant remember how this is done but you should have a manual for both firewalls read them and it will tell you how to configure it i highly recommend uninstalling one firewall though but that is your choice i would go for outpost myself
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

if youre concerned at all with your security, go to the sygate online security scan site, if you havnt already, use Internet edxplorer to do this (in case you use some other browser, i think it will work on netscape too), do all the scans that they have there, if it shows any ports as 'open', you have a problem, if they all appear as 'blocked' you are secure

i have tried this with my unix system before and after putting a stronger firewall ruleset on it and its made the box toally secure

btw the firewall i use at home on the olds' computer is tiny personal firewall (an older free version), a search on kazaa or some other p2p program will most likely bring up a copy of the free one, you should look for a file called 'pf2.exe' (1.35meg, or 1,417,309 bytes to be sure its genuine)

hope this helps you

don't really know how good this is. thought i'd throw it out there.

http://www.personal-computer-tutor.com/pt139b/ptb.htm

Well with that sygate online security scan is said netbios wasnt open but i was just kinda scared when i ran the nbtstat command and it didnt come back "Host not found" OK now i gota choose which firewall to keep i only want one now should it be Zone Alarm free version, Agnitum Outpost free version, or sygate the free persnonal version?
    Hacker dan

The firewall won't close the port anyway. It would drop the packets to the port if configured to do so. So running that command behind your firewall is still going to give you the same results. You would need to close netbios through your OS to succesfuly close the port. Go here, choose your OS and follow the instructions.
    $pak = me;

It gave you a responce because you ran the command localy. If i was to do a nbtstat -a <your ip> I would get host not found.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!