Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lindows

Lindows

where can i find a full workin Lindows OS ??
    if u know some good / fast servers let me know or mail me at Nasrat@Newmail.net

Lindows LiveCD is available on any P2P Network.
    Lifetime Membership available on www.ChoicePC.com
    The distrobution is available on www.Lindows.com

AntiOnline n00b
    OMG Lindows Fever Has Struck Info Tech Geek

When You Finished Here Try The OS Fourm it too might have a Lindows

I hear all this Lindows Bashing and after "actually" trying it. I found out, it really isn't that bad. Now, I'd personally rather use my Gentoo box, but for someone who doesn't understand Linux I would suggest Lindows. I don't know how to explain it. It is a decent piece of software, but it is not for everyone. They also have a developers edition for the more technical user which is also not bad.

So let me get this straight.. Info Tech Geek..

You're advocating that the members here go out on a p2p to grab an illegal copy of Lindows ?

or am I missing something ?

Ha!

jenjen, I don't think that ITG was recommending an "illegal copy"...............my good fiend (spelling intended!) William Gates III has just told me that ALL copies are illegal

I was shocked to find that it requires an 800MHz processor?...................even XP will run on a DX2/66 (at a somewhat "leisurely pace")

Anyways...............I just found that it cost me a hundred bucks to want it NOW!...........download?.........nah..........I like playing with the packaging

I now have to figure out where the processors, MoBos, cases, memory, vidcards are.............and I was supposed to decorate the breakfast room this week-end!...............my wife will be after you Info Tech Geek, probably with one of my .308Wins (not an operating system!)

We will see how it goes?

Cheers

actually, what your supposed to look at is THIS: http://info.lindows.com/lindowslive/p2p.html

Originally posted here by jenjen
    So let me get this straight.. Info Tech Geek..

You're advocating that the members here go out on a p2p to grab an illegal copy of Lindows ?

or am I missing something ?
    Peer-to-peer (P2P) programs are for people who like to take advantage of the best technology available to them. Thanks to direct connections and multiple download sources, you can now download large files in a small fraction of the time it would take to get them from anywhere else. If you downloaded a file called LindowsLive-4.5.2xx.iso from a P2P, this is NOT illegal, and federal agents won't be knocking down your door for doing so.

Info Tech Geek has persuaded me................it was something I wanted to do anyway, just never seemed to get around to it?

So I went to the site and ordered the "big box" (the full monty).............cost me a hundred bucks extra for the super UPS delivery..............what the hell.............this is a serious exercise. I wanted all the goodies ...........

My questions have been:

1. What will challenge Windows
    2. Will there be an "off the shelf" product (OTS) to threaten M$

This looks like a great opportunity?, as M$'s attacks on Lindows have given it credibility in my eyes.

I propose to build a new box, install the stuff and try it out on my wife (local government finance......competent user) and on a friend who owns a small local hotel............never even turned a computer on

I guess that should be a reasonable field trial?

If anyone is interested I will keep them posted

Cheers