Thread: Farewell Pyrotomountain

Unhappy Farewell Pyrotomountain

Hello,

For those who are not familiar with the pyroto game i would suggest visiting their site:
    www.pyrotomountain.com

but it is about to be turn off really soon.

This was a online game almost free that brought together hundreds of people for almost 5 years. On top of that this game was free. Yet this wasn't the most attractive feature of the game, to put in term easy to the antionline community to relate too: to me it is as if i was loosing part of my web identity for i was a part of that community also.

This is the end of an era. I taught that i would let you know about it.

Nabylbt
    assembly.... digital dna ?

That sucks man. I know what you mean, when a site goes down that you have vistited for over a year or two, it really grinds on your brain. How come i never knew about this game! That just means you will be spending more time here, and that aint half bad.

Banned
    Uh oh... MsMittens isn't going to like that

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ya.. It does suck that they are closing it. Apparently it was due to $$. Weirdly enough they have started a 2nd generation of the game at http://www.multimegacorp.com .. You can find me in the "Automotive" division as Captn Crunch. It's about Office Politics this time.. Don't know if it will be successful or as lastly as Pyroto was for many players.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Well, I have already signed up for the mmc game also but, still i wish they had not sacrified pyroto for a new game.... after all they are running it with some type fo funds ...

i'm in the is departement and i haven't started "climbing" yet as i'm in a cold with the cfo ....
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Truly sad to see that pyroto has closed. I just remembered it a few days ago and was looking forward to returning. What's the status on multimegacorp? Is it up and running or has it been shut down too? I can't seem to sign up...
    [shadow] Nobody\'s perfect, but I\'m damn close...[/shadow]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    MMC closed shortly after as well. A friend of mine did startup his own game and you may want to visit that: Badde Manors. He codes it based on suggestions from people playing and his general view. Tends to be more open to suggestions. While the game seems daunting at the beginning (lots of places to visit) it is fun. There are challenges as well (not just political based).

Go visit and tell 'em I sent ya.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks for a fast reply MsMittens. Too bad MMC had to shut down too. I have just signed up for Badde Manors and am currently in the middle of trying to get a clue :-)

Name over there is Alka, currently hanging around in lands end. Hope to see you around. Cheers
    [shadow] Nobody\'s perfect, but I\'m damn close...[/shadow]

Banned
    I'm giving that manor thing a shot MsM. Thanks for the link.

-Cheers-