Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacking victim killed a young student...

I just want to share a few names with you.

Francis Ford Coppola
    Buzz Aldrin
    Abraham Lincoln
    Art Buchwald
    Patricia Cornwell
    Tim Burton
    Patty Duke
    Kitty Dukakis
    Darryl Strawberry
    Ben Stiller
    Oksana Baiul
    Fiona Apple
    Barbara Bush
    Jim Carrey
    Sheryl Crow
    Queen Elizabeth
    Sarah Ferguson
    Tipper Gore
    Anthony Hopkins
    Billy Joel
    Elton John

Do you know what all of these people have in common? They are all bi polar. As am I. Do not make judgements about intelligence levels or worthiness to society based on whether or not someone is mentally ill. Most people who are mentally ill are of above average intelligence and have a very hard time fitting into societies norms. This still does not excuse shooting someone. However, at least I am fortunate enough to be able to afford psychiatric treatment. This man wasn't. Which STILL doesn't excuse shooting someone. But do not make assumptions that just because someone is mentally ill, they cannot be a genius, or make huge contributions to the world you live in. Making generalizations or assumptions about people who are mentally ill only continues the prejudice in our society. Not calling me a "crazy" has nothing to do with PC, and everything to do with common courtesy and respect for another person.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I'm in total agreement. To me if someone is bi-polar, or lazy, or whatever... each person lives their life their way. I think if someone is super smart and bi-polar, but still knows right from wrong is a fine person. It's when you get someone like this who goes shooting someone for the reasons they did, the term geniusus just doesn't come to mind, you know what I mean? It sounds as if they are using it as an excuse for their actions or something. More and more I think in today's life that people are using everything they can as an excuse or reason for their actions, rather than just admitting to having a problem. But people who have problems (mental or otherwise) does not mean they are bad people.

But that's how I see people, each person for themself. I make my mind up on how that person acts more than caring if they are super smart, super stupid, have one eye, 12 fingers, etc.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

im not sure if this really counts as bipolar sounds to me like its just a website protecting their own, wheres the article form the citys paper i bet they paint a differnt picture of the guy that shoots innocent ppl. Just my opinion

genius: n 1: someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and
    originality [syn: {mastermind}, {brain}]

2: unusual mental ability [syn: {brilliance}]

3: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field [syn: {ace},
    {adept}, {sensation}, {maven}, {virtuoso}, {hotshot}, {star},
    {whiz}, {whizz}, {wizard}, {wiz}]

4: exceptional creative ability [syn: {wizardry}]

5: a natural talent; "he has a flair for mathematics"; "he has
    a genius for interior decorating" [syn: {flair}]

Genius is an intelligence level, just as mental retardation is. It has no bearing whatsoever on what a person does with that intelligence.

And I really hope that was a typo...bi polar or lazy?

As far as using it as an excuse...I think I've said before, and I will again...mental illness it NOT an excuse for violence, or any other type of behavior. However, left untreated, the possibility remains that someone may become violent. It will take entirely too long to put it all in here, but there are different types of mental illness, even within one umbrella name for one disorder. And each of those types have different symptoms. However, in some illnesses, delusions of grandeur (discovering the secret for world peace) and paranoia (thinking that one person/group is out to get you and sabotaging something very important to you, I.E. a website you've worked very hard on) and uncontrollable rage (going into an office and randomly shooting people you think may have been responsible) are definate symptoms of an untreated mental illness.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

debwalin,

Are you some kind of genius or something?
    Where do you get your answers and opinions from?

Just kidding, bye,

DKRR

I truly believe that if he had been treated for the obvious mental problems he was having none of this would have happened it seems to me that due to his mental condition and the loss of a website that seemed to be the only way for him to release the mental torment he was experiencing, I am not saying its right that he did what he did just believe it could have been prevented

It’s the narrow mindedness of the general public that gives people with mental health problems a bad name

Banned
    If you've ever seen books like the punisher or the executioner then you'd already know what was going on in this guys mind. But come on a website? Gezz.... honestly I don't think he was bi-polar or crazy... I think that lame loser just needed a life or needed to get laid or something.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://www.halder.ws/ <---his homepage
    http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ed...th%2BHalder%22 <---other news

If I find anything else I will post it. Obviously looking at his homepage, you don't see anything about keys to saving the world. This means that he was dilusional. Most probably schitzophrenic (spelling sucks) but not guaranteed. That does not justify the actions that he took by any means.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Dead Man Walking
    While it is tragic that theese events have ocured it is in fact , sadly, reality. Its time for the world to take off its rose colored glasses. Theese kinds of things happen. Was the guy a genius. I dont know. Whas there something wrong inside his head: i would have to say yes. The fact of the matter is that if he went through with theese kinds of actions then in his head it was perfectly fine. Thats something to think about for anybody out there who thinks nobody realy gets hurt when we "play" hacker. I am not saying this guy was justified in his actions but deranged or not he was driven to them by something. The moral of the story shouldnt be weather the guy is crazy or not. It should be that next time all you "HAXORS" out there begin to think about defacing a site. Think twice. You never know when the guy on the other end is gonna be just like this guy. You wanna go in take a look, fine i cant blame you. But leave things the way you find them.

Im probably gonna catch some flack for this post but thats fine. Anybody wants to flame me for it go ahead. Because if it makes even one person think twice about destroying somebody elses work then its worth it.

on a chart i saw if your IQ is above 130 you are a genious.

Your IQ Test score was: 146
    woot im smart

Average: 85 - 115
    Above average: 116 - 125
    Gifted Borderline Genius: 126 - 135
    Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others: 136 - 145
    Genius: 146 - 165
    High Genius: 166 - 180
    Highest Genius: 181 - 200
    Beyond being measurable Genius: Over 200

EDIT:

i wanted to point out most serial killers are in the genious level IQ area too.