Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: edit it pdf format file

edit it pdf format file

Hello guys,
    I have the problem, that I am not able to copy some data from (.pdf) format file can anyone tell me what is the reason and how I can copy or delete data from that file.
    thank you,

PUNJABIAN263

To my knowledge, a pdf is read only...

If you really need to get info from a pdf document into another file... there are programs that you can scan a document and it will recognize the text and create a new document for you.

I use OmniPage Pro.

Instantly convert paper into Microsoft Office documents.
    Turn PDF files into editable documents - with retained layout.
    Create unlimited searchable PDF files for electronic archives.
    Automatically process images from network MFP and scanners.
    Scan/Convert Documents into XML, PDF, TIFF and more.
    Share documents using email, Web, XML and eBooks.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

It's possible to copy-protect pdf-files, which means that the copy-text function will be disabled when you open the document in Acrobat Reader. In Acrobat Reader, choose "File | Document Security" to view the security settings of your document. If "Content Copying and Extraction" is set to "not allowed", then, well, you can't copy anything from the document... Extremely annoying IMO!

I guess there are ways to break the security, but I don't know how, and noone here's probably gonna tell you. Try Google around a bit.

If your _really_ need to copy the contents of your document, you might try to take screenshots, then run the screenshots through some charachter recognition software. I believe there is one called Omnipage, but I might be wrong. Again, Google is your friend.

Hope this helps!
    ---
    proactive

Adobe has a web page from which you can convert pdf files to html. from the html page diplayed you can copy and past anything you want. OR you can buy adobe acrobat and directly edit the pdf if its not password protected.

heres adobe's conversion page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...mple_form.html
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob1: Thanks for that link. I didn't know you could do that.
    All this time, I've been printing it and scanning it in with OmniPage.

I haven't tried it... but I'd assume that you can convert the pdf ONLY IF the file is NOT password protected?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

no it will display ANY pdf in html format. Of course the file has to be on the internet but we all know how to upload files and link to them if they arn't
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

How secure is a pdf password? Does it offer any real protection or is it just like a zip file password which are easy to crack?
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    no it will display ANY pdf in html format.
    No.
    From the online conversion tool faq
    10. When I try to convert an Adobe PDF file to text or HTML, I get an error message saying that permission settings don’t allow the conversion. What does this mean?
    Acrobat software allows users to create Adobe PDF documents with password-protected security settings, including "Changing PDF Not Allowed" and "Selection of Text Not Allowed." If a PDF document has these security settings and you know the password, you can use the advanced forms submission tool to convert the document. The e-mail tool cannot convert an Adobe PDF document with security settings, even if you know the password. If you’re getting an error message, contact the author of the Adobe PDF document to see if they’ll provide the password or disable the security settings, then resubmit the document.

Note: Adobe PDF files created with Acrobat 6.0 may provide more convenience for users with visual disabilities. New security settings in Acrobat 6.0 make it possible to enable content for accessibility, while still prohibiting copying and extraction.
    ---
    proactive

Tools which you will find here: http://www.pdfzone.com/toolbox/toolfilter.html will help you do most anything you need to with PDF.

- Qualm

What if you have the actuall Adobe Acrobat program (not reader)? I know you can edit and make PDF's with that. Would you be able to uncheck the no-copy text feature? Or just simply open it up and copy out the text you want? Just wondering since the subject was brought up...
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]