Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: edit it pdf format file

thanks proactive

i never took the time to read the small print but Ive been using this tool for a couple of years and i've yet to run accross this problem.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

well did u googled about it...with "PDF restriction remover"...you will come across GuaPDF
    site says "This is an utility to bypass the security on PDF documents (of course, you should have the right to do it, for example, in case of forgotten user/owner password).........password encrypted file can be decrypted (in a several days or weeks, Acrobat ver. 3.x, 4.x)...............restricted operations on file can be disabled (instantly, any Acrobat version up to 5.x, even with 128-bit encryption). "

another good tool is JAWS PDF Editor....it will allow you to revert security settings if no password is applied..........
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Move from Microsoft Security to Misc. Security**

And if I may comment, as someone who use PDF and locks it on occassion. I would question why you want to change the information in the PDF file. Quite often authors lock those files so that data cannot be altered or changed.

So my question to you is why do you want to alter the information in a PDF file?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

There is a tool called advanced pdf password recovery. This is brilliant and works really well.

Then go to kazaa and download Adobe Acrobat Full version,.

Hoipe this helps
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    So my question to you is why do you want to alter the information in a PDF file?
    How about because you want to copy some of the content (the important stuff), and put it into a separate document. I always do that, I'm usually only interested in parts of a document I've downloaded. Or you want to put some notes into the text while you read it. I do that with word-docs, unfortunatly I don't have a copy of Acrobat so I can't with PDFs. Locked PDFs are annoying! Please stop contributing to annoyances! PDF locks are a bit like the copy protection on CDs. It pisses people of, but really doesn't stop anyone who wants to copy them.
    ---
    proactive

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    But what he is suggesting isn't just copying but deleting from the original document. That means altering the document potentially that is being distributed, and the integrity of the document. If it was just a question of copying, then the link below should help as I've used it with students who are blind.

Adobe provides pdf to text options, particularly for those who are disabled.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...linetools.html

And excuse me? Software piracy? Come on. There are legal ways of doing this. If you really want the document seperate, email the owner of the document and ask them.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    That means altering the document potentially that is being distributed, and the integrity of the document.
    Yes it does. But what's the problem with that? I mean, it's impossible to distribute a PDF and then be sure it's integrity is kept. If someone really wants to break the integrity, they can just create a new similar document. Or use some hacker-tool on the document to alter it.

And, if you want to distribute a document which integrity is secured, PDF alone isn't the way to go. To be certain you would have to use some cheksum that would be available to the reader off your website. The reader would have to know about this of course. Better would be to use PKI to provide easy checking of the integrity.

By disabling copy/alter from PDFs you're not really gaining control over your document, but you're decreasing the usability for the reader.

Adobe provides pdf to text options, particularly for those who are disabled.
    Says in the faq it won't work if copy/alter is disabled.

If you really want the document seperate, email the owner of the document and ask them.
    That's a lot of hassle just to make use of a document. Usability is decreased.
    ---
    proactive