Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacking the Matrix

Re: Re: Timeframe

Originally posted here by Euclid

Anyways... Was that guy they showed at the end cypher?

The guy that they placed on the examination table near Neo? *shakes head* I don't think so. Cypher kinda got killed pretty good last time around. It was the guy that was taken over by an agent earlier on... the one who cut his hands... and walked toward the departing crew of the Nebuchadnezzar as if he wanted to use the knife once again... Evidently, he was taken over by an agent in the "real" world as well as in the Matrix.

Which, along with Neo's magical stopping of the attacking sentries, poses an interesting question. Could the "real" world actually be a sub-Matrix? We know that Neo has the power to stop bullets and such inside the Matrix... but does that have any effect on him in the "real" world? If not, then the "real" world would most likely be another layer in the Matrix onion. If so... then he's just frickin' awesome!

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

to meloncholy, the creator of Nmap was happy to see it used in the movie, he also said it worked a hell of a lot faster, so in the furure yes it could still be the tool of choice, just redesigned and running faster.

does Anyone remember that picture for the original Matrix movie? The one where they show that the Matrix was made on Free BSD machines?

Never saw it... sounds intriguing though. If anyone finds a link, I'd love to see it.

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

heres an article on it:

http://slashdot.org/articles/99/04/25/1718226.shtml

HOLY ****!!!!! I just looked at http://www.freebsd.org/gallery/ for the first time..... all these sites using Free BSD...talk about an OS with bragging rights and gold balls.

When I saw Trinity hacking with a real *nix box, the movie impressed me all over again. I hated seeing that crap in the first Hackers movie, where they were hacking with what looked like flashy screensavers. Matrix Reloaded really out did it self. I've got a whole new respect for this movie.

Oh and meloncholy, keep your negative comments to yourself.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Networker, no i dont know him personally. Im just in his mailing list I get mails from him about every update, patch, information, and sometimes even offtopic stuff. Sometimes i get the feeling that im getting spammed, i open up my mail and have like 5 mails from him talking about all kinds of things. They are mainly good reads though.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Re: Re: Re: Timeframe

Originally posted here by PhirePhreak

The guy that they placed on the examination table near Neo? *shakes head* I don't think so. Cypher kinda got killed pretty good last time around. It was the guy that was taken over by an agent earlier on... the one who cut his hands... and walked toward the departing crew of the Nebuchadnezzar as if he wanted to use the knife once again... Evidently, he was taken over by an agent in the "real" world as well as in the Matrix.

--PhirePhreak

Thank you, I have been telling my friends that I saw the movie it wasnt him and they wouldnt belive me. I didnt get a good enough look at the guy to notice it was the one that agent smith took over but I got a good enough look to know that it wasnt cypher. Now I can be 100% positive when I am calling them dumb asses
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Glad to help

*sigh* The Matrix is so cool!

--PhirePhreak

Negged comments I have received:

"**** ****" and other names not worth repeating
    "just leave"
    "you just don't get it do you"

No, I don't get it? Why would you neg and not explain yourself. For those that neg and leave an explanation, I'm fine with that. The rest of you are immature children. Are you mad because there is'nt a SSHnuke exploit? Are you mad because I put down what I thought? For those that have not grown up, there is something called constructive criticism. Just don't neg and say "you suck". If I embarrassed you or offended you, reply with a witty comeback. I liked the Matrix like everyone else here, but I thought some of the comments here were a little funny. I guess the age of the people who neg me really shows, oh well.

And yes, I stayed all the way till after the credits to see the trailer for the next one. In my opinion it doesn't look as good as this one was, but we'll just have to wait till November to actually see.