Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A step closer for Anti-Abortion supporters

So you condone suicide but are against abortion?

That's probably one of the most twisted viewpoints I've ever heard. The implications run further than pro-death penalty/anti-abotrionists. Wow.

I'm stunned.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I don't condone suicide, I was joking when I said that the kids should be the ones to kill themselves because they most likely wouldn't kill themself. I have known many kids from foster homes and they have turned out to live an average life. Everybody has problems in their life, some kids have divorced parents, some kids have foster homes. The list could go on forever... my point is that it's better to have a hard life than to have no life.
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

my point is that it's better to have a hard life than to have no life.
    I have to agree with you there SS. Id rather have a hard life, than to suffer the torment of a vacumm cleaner sucking my insides out. Atleast in that life i would more than likely be able to go to school, and work hard to change my future.

dood, don't you people watch CNN? from what i heard that law contains a specific clause that states that it doesn't apply to abortions, only to people who kill pregnant women. otherwise there'd be a crapload more protesting going on.
    i think that abortion should be something that is approached with intellegence, and not just because you were stupid and got knocked up. if you were raped, or if your baby would be born only to live a few hours in pain, or if your child would be born a vegtable and you're not capable of dealing with that, then i think that abortion should be presented as an option, with follow-up and counciling for both the mother and the father (if applicable). but if you're a crack whore and can't support your seventh child from the seventh different daddy, so you want an abortion, then tough- should have used a condom.
    -the hour has begun, your eyes are now opened-

Originally posted here by schoolsucks
    P.S. I was wondering to all of you out there who don't live in the U.S., when is the latest that you can have an abortion in your country?
    Within 12 weeks of the pregnancy. But abortions are done after the twelve weeks as well because some doctors can be a little sloppy estimating the age of the fetus. Sometimes as late as 14-15 weeks.

Abortions can be done legally even after the 12 weeks in case the patient's life is threatend from complications during the pregnancy.
    ---
    proactive

Korp you are starting to scare me, I had you pegged as a Neo conservative...now I am guessing true conservative (if so you are one of the last) or Libertarian..... Its good to see that some one else thinks that the government should stay out of someones private life, this is an opinion that neither side takes unfortunately.

As for abortion I am morally opposed, but that is a moral and social issue not a legal one, I would never advise any one to get an abortion for no medical reasons, but I would not deny any women her right to one.

and Johhny it dosn't matter what the intent of the law is, but how its applied, this is just a back door into getting rid of a womens right ot controll her own body.

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Big government does not belong in any woman's uterus, okay. It just doesn't.

This brings up an issue I had with good ol' Ronnie Reagan. He was anti-abortion and pro death penalty. What that means to me is the guy wanted to decide, by himself, who lives and dies in this country. That's just wrong. Fundamentalists should never be allowed to run rampant over personal choices.

I'm very sorry for this next calous remark; but it's better to terminate it early than it end up in state run (or worse privately run) home for abandoned youths. I grew up watching my friends live horrid existences from the home down the street. They were good kids, but you don't get much of a chance to make any headway in places like that. Not to mention there wasn't much guidance for them and they really had no one to talk to, either.

A conservative I am not, bballad. No conservative I know (neo or otherwise) would be a card carrying member of NORML.

As I've said before I try to stay away from labels because that limits your capacity to analyze things objectively. And I do try to stay objective, at least as much as can.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

A conservative I am not, bballad. No conservative I know (neo or otherwise) would be a card carrying member of NORML.
    I can vouch for that, I'm one of the only conservatives in this forum from what I can tell. Probably schoolsucks too, but you would have to ask him.

And your right KD most conservative's wouldnt be a member of NORML.

I am not really conservative or libertarian. I take a little bit from both, maybe a little more conservative than libertarian but Korp makes a point when he says it can limit you to how you think. Well, at least it would limit me...
    [shadow]Vis Tecum Sit[/shadow]
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=371

Being conservative doesnt nessecarily tie you to any party. Hell, i like quite a few of the liberal's idea's but that doesnt make me a democrat.