Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-write pain in the ass message...

Re-write pain in the ass message...

Guys,

I'd like to say to not get rid but change the way the "pain in the ass message" is written. Many new members that don't know this site join AO full of hopes willing to learn, help and be helped. The message says something like "the community thinks you are a pain in the ass..." and that's not true because with just ONE neg (if it's your first before you have a positive one) this makes appear the "pain in the ass message" taking you to a grey dot and it doesn't represent the (how to say it)... "feelings" of the community because were just one or two members that neged him/her, and maybe these members that neged him/her are newbies too and are making this message appearing. I don't think it's fair that maybe the members that are just bothering around this site, neging unfairly, etc., can make this message appear pissing of a new member that really wants to learn. We know it's just a message and we know what its pourpose is but many, many new members get really pissed of because of it, even more when they are just getting used to browse the site and learn the rules. Maybe it is OK if you receive that message after being a member for some time in AO, start to post useless info and a "reasonable" part of community take yourself from (for example) two green dots to a grey one. This should be comprehensible because it's your own fault if you change your behaviour here. But i think is not worth showing this "pain in the ass message" to a new member that have just made his/her first post and really it's not a "pain in the ass"... yet.

So... i think the message should be re-written, thanks,

DKRR

Banned
    i think you got a really good point there ... some users may take it seriously .... when i first Registered i started posting Sh*t and got negative point and the messege appeared ... for me that just meant read the FAQ and see what you have to do to help people out here ...so i started posting useful information and the messege dissapeared after a few days ...so for me it was kind of a motivation to start posting good stuff here ...but for other it might mean *fu*k off*...

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Umm, unless I am mistaken it takes like -200 or something antipoints to get that message.... And where are you getting this idea from DarkRaider? Are newbies sending you pm's complaining about the pain in the ass message? I mean seriously, you say that they are being affected by it, but how do you know? Personally, I think if you sing up for an account and don't take the time to read the user agreement and get neged, you are being a pain in the ass. Maybe if you took 30 seconds to find out the rules of the site, it wouldn't be so bad.

I got 2 more questions for you though....
    1> why is this posted in GCC? With as long as you have been here, why isn't it in site suggestions?

2> What the hell is your problem with this site? I mean I keep seeing you make suggestions on how to make it better. Well I got a suggestion for you. Either get over it and live with the site the way it is, or go find a site that you like better. Personally i am sick of seeing threads that are complaining about the site. They are as bad as all the threads complaining about antipoints. My god, either get over it or move on. If you really feel the need to make suggestions, pm jmpman and talk to him 1on1 because your suggestions are really getting annoying. And in case you hadn't noticed, most of them are being ignored anyway... as a matter of fact, I haven't seen any of them installed yet. Are you hopeing that maybe someday 1 thing you suggest will get installed so you can tell all your friends hey, I had something to do with the way AO runs.... Oh wait, maybe you are hoping that someone will read all your posts and decide to make you a moderator. I mean ****, that would be cool wouldn't it? A paid postion working for AO? Oh wait, you already applied. And if I remember correctly, your application really kissed a lot of ass. And the funny thing is, when your pm was discussed, everyone got a good laugh out of it, because it was so obviously full of **** based on your posts that the only think you were considered for was laughing material in IRC.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

....Wow! Don't hold back will you Soul?

Banned

*Moved from GCC... ask Souleman*

OK,

Well... arise citizens, the KING Souleman had spoken. Who do you think you are? You got really angry because i posted threads suggesting things to improve the site? And know what, yes, i already PMed intmon many times and he's a real gentleman. He made me feel a real member of this site and he showed they care about what we think. He has answered every and each PM i sent him. What's the problem with a thread about an opinion of the "pain in the ass message" or with any other thread i wrote? What if i wrote 1.000 suggestion threads? Are you this site owner? Do they pay you to control how many suggestion threads a member writes? Maybe there's a part in the FAQs where it says: "please, if you are an AO member, control how many suggestions the other members do", but i haven't seen this part in the FAQs.

Have you read the forum title? it's called: "Site Suggestions - Post your ideas about how we can make AntiOnline better!". Do you know how many threads are there? 5470 until today. How many of them are mine? 5, 6, 7??? Wow!!! What a lot!!!

And again, yes, if i posted this thread in the GCC forum was because i have my own reasons to do it and i don't have to give you an explanation about it. Besides, i don't have to explain you where did i get the idea that new members are getting pissed-off from for receiving this pain in the ass message, and i'm free to post my opinion where i want.

I haven't replied before to this because i have just seen it.

More, YOU... ARE... WRONG!!! you don't need -200 points to get this message, OK??? You SHOULD know about it, you are a senior, the same way i supposedly post in the wrong forum, how can you be saying such a barbarity??? Where did you get this idea of the -200 points??? Do you have your own rules??? With just a grey dot you get this message.

You said:
    Personally, I think if you sing up for an account and don't take the time to read the user agreement and get neged, you are being a pain in the ass. Maybe if you took 30 seconds to find out the rules of the site, it wouldn't be so bad.
    Wrong again!!! i was talking about the new members that get this "pain in the ass" message because of unfair neggings or because of other new members that don't know when to neg and so they are really having this "pain in the ass" message unfairly and not because they are a real pain in the ass, get it?. And many newbies have complained about it.

What the hell is my problem with this site??? mmm... let me see... ohhh!!! maybe i'm a sleepwalker and i write threads when i'm sleeping insulting this site... mmm... NOOOOO!!! I have never said anything against AO, so why are you saying this???

Ahhh!!! and what a good thing!!! so some of you are violating members privacy. How could you know about a PM of mine???. I don't remember wanting a paid position in AO, i SWEAR over my grandfather's tomb and show me the PM if i did it. Many members would like to be moderators and i'd like too but never asked to be paid. Another of your lies to put me against AO???

I have a descent work and so i can help my family to live in my little country. I earn my own money working hard although i work in what i love. I'm in this site because i love it too and many members (like it or not) like me the same way i like them. JUPM know it too.

Finally, i remember when i made a quilt with all AO avatars, newbies, members, addicts and seniors... and i remember i put you there... yes... i put you there... i don't discriminate...

You seem to have a personal problem against me and know what?... i don't know why...

I'll be here if you change you mind, i have no rancor neither against you nor your incomprehensible words against me.

Take care,

-DaRK-RaiDeR-

PS: sorry for not writting before.

Maybe instead of rewriting the 'pain in the arse' message it could be seen instead at a lower level of antipoints. Since the message has been brought in the amount of antipoints that some people have has increased enormously to the point where (like you said Dark Raider) one/two assignments can have that person seeing the message. So shift it to say -200 (maybe ban at -300) and then it would be a truer reflection of the feelings of the community concerning that member.

Hey,

Note: I'm answering here because the other thread was closed.

Debwalin, was i talking to you? When will you marry souleman? Many of us know that's an alliance, many of us know you'll never neg souleman and you always neg in pairs.

Please if you see your beloved souleman tell him that in his profile, unders "skills", he forgot to put "starting useless fights against other AO members".

Ahh!!! and can i ask you something? WHY ARE YOU INSULTING ME OR MY POSTS??? What have i done to you? Did i ever said soething bad against you? Why are you attacking me now?

Thank you very much and have a good day,

DKRR

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Hahaha, Deb and I are not in an aliance. Just because we sleep together doesn't mean anything. We have both given eachother negative points on more then one occassion.

And why are people insulting you? Have you looked at your freaking posts? Why don't you learn grammer before you make some of your posts, because I have to read them 3 or 4 times before I can understand them. And then put the posts where they belong.

Just curious DarkRaider, did you ever get to read my post in the other thread? Cause I was really curious about your responce to part of that. Oh yeah, and useless fights? I am not trying to start anything. I am just trying to get you to stop bitching and either use the site the way it was designed or go away.

Oh yeah, and whoever gave me the negatives saying "you suck *******", thank you, I am still trying to get negged off the top10 list but it just isn't working. And whoever told me not to attack another senior member.. **** you. A senior member is only bassed on a number of posts. If there was some requirement to become a senior member, I would agree with you, but any swinging dick that wants to spam the forum can become a senior member. So what makes him so special? **** a lot of the ****ing newbies have a lot more computer intelligence then most of the senior members here. They just don't feel the need to spam the forum with a bunch of bull **** so they never become a senior member.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Souleman,

0. We have both given eachother negative points on more then one occassion.
    0. When?, when you both had grey dots?

1. And why are people insulting you?
    1. You and Debwalin told called me ****, my posts are crap, i'm a dick, etc...

2. Have you looked at your freaking posts? Why don't you learn grammer before you make some of your posts.
    2. Yes, i have looked at my posts and i always try to correct my errors, i speak spanish and at least my parents made the effort of paying my english clases so i can use them in the future. I's like to see you writting or speaking spanish...

3. Did you ever get to read my post in the other thread?
    3. Of course i did.

4. Oh yeah, and useless fights?
    4. Yeah!!!, useless fight.

5. I am just trying to get you to stop bitching and either use the site the way it was designed or go away.
    5. Suggesting is not bitching. You started attacking me because of my last "suggestion" about the "pain in the ass" message. I took the time to read many other suggestions and they seem like bitching too, but they're only suggestions. Ahh!!!, i won't leave because you ask me to, i'll leave if JUPM request it. Who are you to try to prevent a member from doing something?

6. I am still trying to get negged off the top10 list but it just isn't working.
    6. Wow!!!, what a modest and humble member!!! can i be like you?

7. And whoever told me not to attack another senior member.. **** you.
    7. Mmm... F**k you... what a kind phrase, are you sure you deserve your status? Nice example for newbies...

8. So what makes him so special?
    8. Who said i'm special? Are you jealous?

9. **** a lot of the ****ing newbies have a lot more computer intelligence then most of the senior members here.
    9. So you have problems with other senior members too? Mmm... i don't think they knew about it but be sure they know it now.

10. You hate me...
    10. I can live with that.

Have a nice day,

DKRR