Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: France at it again

Banned
    Originally posted here by nabylbt
    Not that i woud want to start up again on the whole issues of concessions again, but all the links refer to western media and thus biased toward isreal....
    Sorry to point that out but should you go to arabic web site you would get a whole other story....

What a brilliant point!

Palestine Chronicle is an independent internet magazine, dedicated to addressing issues and offering perspectives rarely seen in mainstream western media.

For a different point of view try reading about the conflict from an Arabs point of view. You can find the on-line magazine here..

Originally posted here by nabylbt
    Hello,

Not that i woudl want to start up again on the whole issues of concessions again, but all the links refer to western media and thus biased toward isreal....
    Sorry to point that out but should you go to arabic web site you would get a whole other story....
    the bottom line is that isreal doesn't want to allow the 5 Million(? + ?) palestinian back on their land. so even if this is the 3% of non concession that is still too much no ?

to support that i'll add that only the isrealis have put reserve to the road map (12 if my memory is right ...) not the palestinian... why ?

In any negociation, you got to look at what each part is willing to give up to get what they want. who has a better position and who needs a solution rather then the other side ?
    make you own opinion for that and use diferent sources...

Pragmatic: in all cases neither side will be happy with the outcome and there will be much more blood before there is peace and both side will claim to have been riped off.

there is always 3 sides to a truth: theirs, the others', and the unknown's. which one do you choose ?
    Not that I want to point out the obvious or anything but I don't read Arabic, nor do I know of anyone who does, so I'm a little lost as to how to glean information from their scribbles. (no insult intended, it just looks like scribbles to me, probably the same way English/American looks like scribbles to them.)

The only news sources I've found that have translation capability are ones you pay for. If you'd like to point me in the correct direction I'd love to read the "other sides" comments. But I don't want to pay for the privelege of reading their insight.

And as far as your palestine chronicle goes FAQ: That's more slanted and uneven than most rags here in the U.S. Might as well read the Enquirer, IMO.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

security for whom ? theirs ? or the state sponsored killings ? in any case I think it's harder to judge who is right and who is wrong for they both have a lot to regret on both side ( sharon is sued for crime against humanity in belguim... for the palestinians u wathced the news ...)

so let's hope for the best !
    assembly.... digital dna ?

security for whom ? theirs ? or the state sponsored killings ? in any case I think it's harder to judge who is right and who is wrong for they both have a lot to regret on both side ( sharon is sued for crime against humanity in belguim... for the palestinians u wathced the news ...)
    Your right the Israeli nation does sponsor the killing of those who take innocent lives. You know those terrorist that you always see on the tv killing babies in their stroller's, ring a bell?

Harder to judge who's right and wrong, you've got to be kidding right? I think the terrorist take the wrong cake here.

And who arent the belgian's trying to sue, for God sakes they are trying to indite my President for war crimes. Belgium is a joke, and can only flex it's nonexistent muscles through a ludicrous, phony, kangaroo court. How arrogant can they be to think they have jurisdiction over the entire globe.

then again you are taking it too personal...
    true i could care less about what belguim think and whom they want to judge ... except that there might be some legal reasons to do it. whether they can enforce it is a entire topic.
    You seems to think that the stronguer is always right. you are entitled to your opinion but at least be open minded enough to admit that there are other points of view.

the traditional response to your "Your right the Israeli nation does sponsor the killing of those who take innocent lives. You know those terrorist that you always see on the tv killing babies in their stroller's, ring a bell? " would be a rthoric question what else can they do ? they have lost the war, their land, their freedom... what else do they have to loose ? nothing much you probably think. Well once more you'd be wrong for they still have there lives to sacrifice... In my opinion it is a stupid sacrifice that doesn't solve anything but they don't see it that way. Plus without the bombing you'd never heard of them and in their situation ANY news flash is better then none...

this discussion is getting nowhere anyways....
    assembly.... digital dna ?

I am strangly optimistic about peace in this situation. Sharon is taking quite extraordinary steps towards bringing the two sides into an agreement of sorts. It seems that Sharon is even going against his party-members on this issue which could be a good sign that he will "bend" alittle on this issue. I hope something that leads to lasting peace comes out of this for once.