Thread: The SCO (not Santa Cruz Operation)

The SCO (not Santa Cruz Operation)

China, having been frustrated in manipulating the ASEAN, has now created this group as a military counter balance to nato and the CSE. Does this portend anything for the region? The world?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I have alway's strongly believed that a showdown with the Chinese and the U.S is going to happen someday. I know Rumsfeld has grown increasingly worrisome about China's increased military budget aswell.

(AP) China unveiled plans Thursday for a new military budget that calls for a 9.6 percent increase in spending "with a view to adapting to changes in the international situation."

The announcement, in a preliminary budget document at the country's legislature, raises China's military budget to 185.3 billion yuan (US $22.4 billion).
    from cbsnews.

Some might not be aware that China does have the largest standing army in the entire world. I'm more worried about their ballistic missle's than the population of their army though.

it's ok ... they have the largest unequiped army in the world. let them fart high in the sky and don't worry about their few ballisitc missile.... i said few because comparatively to the us, they have very little.

premise: the idea of arm parity is unacceptable for the us
    fact: china is beefing up it military budget
    issue: how long will it take them to reach a comparative level of armement?
    hypothese: lifetime becasue they mainly copy us weapons....

ps if you want to be reassurd read The Bear and the Dragon from tom Clancy ... nice work of fiction and probbably the gourou of rumsfled lol !!!
    assembly.... digital dna ?

it's ok ... they have the largest unequiped army in the world. let them fart high in the sky and don't worry about their few ballisitc missile.... i said few because comparatively to the us, they have very little.
    But i'm sure you can agree that just one ballistic missle with a nuclear payload would be too devastating right?

It would be suicide if they were ever stupid enough to try that though, cause you would'nt be able to find a piece of land to step on in China after Rumy got done with em.

There is the other issue of chinese hegemony over lesser countires in asia, which could lead to an "unfortunate incident". If you get my meaning.

Originally posted here by nabylbt

premise: the idea of arm parity is unacceptable for the us
    fact: china is beefing up it military budget
    issue: how long will it take them to reach a comparative level of armement?
    hypothese: lifetime becasue they mainly copy us weapons....

ps if you want to be reassurd read The Bear and the Dragon from tom Clancy ... nice work of fiction and probbably the gourou of rumsfled lol !!!
    The fact that china may not have as advanced weapons as us is irrelevant, and even though they have less ballistic missiles then we do they are more then enough to destroy the US. As for their army lets look at what they did to us in Korea, they sent men armed with spears at us, then when we ran out of bullets they sent in the guys with guns to finish us off.

The AK may not be as neat as our new infantry weapons systems, but its light and reliable and can throw bullets just as well.

Unless things change dramatically china will never make it across the ocean to attack the US on our soil, but in Asia they have the advantage.

not only do they have the advantage in asia, but they can sustain a protracted enterprise in the west pacific at much less cost.