Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ongoing AP abuse

ongoing AP abuse

Folks, it's been brought to my attention again and again that there are some folks out there using the AP system to mercilessly harass and intimidate other members. Some are going to far as to team up with other members to neg folks, and some have created several user names and are negging with each of those user names. We know, as we've compared the IP addresses of said posters. This will not be tolerated. Going forward, if we catch anyone using two user names to neg another user, or ganging up to neg users as a team, they will be instantly banned and removed from the system, and will thus lose any APs they have.

The AP system was designed to allow the community to regulate and moderate itself. Overall, it works well, but there are some folks who are acting childishly, and basically acting out as they would never do in RL. This site is here to bring together folks who want to learn and share their knowledge about security, and chat with like-minded friends. Please, let's keep it fair, and quit the abuse of the AP system. Those of you who are doing it know who you are, and so do we. Nuff said.
    Thanks,
    intmon

intmon,

At last!!!, this AP system abuse will end once and for all. I agree 100%, well done!!!

And as you say... nuff said.

DKRR

Re: ongoing AP abuse

Originally posted here by intmon
    . . . . . .or ganging up to neg users as a team, they will be instantly banned and removed from the system, and will thus lose any APs they have. . . . .
    Excelent. Thank you intmon. By the way. . . . how are you going to tell that someone is teaming up with others to neg/ban a member? Members can't see who gave what points to who. It may appear that there are more people "working togather" than there really are. What are your thought on this?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

A quick question why havent the multiple accounts been removed ?
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

And would it be possible for you to list these "Alliance" members so we will know who not to trust any more.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

RogueSpy,

Personally, i think there's no point in listing the "alliance" members if they will be banned.

As less problems we have, as better this site will be.

DKRR

Well. . . they might not be banned if they quit their silly **** right now. But I would still like to know who they are.

Originally posted here by RogueSpy
    Well. . . they might not be banned if they quit their silly **** right now. But I would still like to know who they are.
    Don't you think that might cause additional problems Rogue. Some people might set out on a revenge trip and the next thing you know, the neg's are flying all over the place.

Cheers:
    DjM

RogueSpy,

Oh!!! you mean the members that nowadays are allied, good point then, i'd like to know who they are too but i don't think JUPM wants more problems here, and so, i think they're giving everyone a second chance.

Some people might set out on a revenge trip...
    DJM, mmm... i don't think so, unless someone don't understand english, intmon was really clear in post #1.

DKRR

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    you will know as lists of people start getting banned and not because they have to many negative antipoints.

The system was "cleaned out" once before of aliance people, but obviously they have come back.

jupman> don't forget to watch for patterns in positive antipoints either. When someone has 50 posts and 7 green dots and never posted anything of value, its kind of obvious that therer is something going on there also.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman