Thread: for professional developers: php or asp

for professional developers: php or asp

Hi, I just took a course last semester and I learned some php and asp, personally I liked php a lot more maybe because I was more familiar with C, and I didn't like many things about asp.
    Well my question is for any of you who work as web developers, have you been asked to develop something specifically in php or asp? Or have you had the choice to select which ever you like the most?? I ask this because someone told me that I should focus a lot more on asp because the majority of clients prefer or ask you to use asp.

Any inputs about this will be appreciated
    thanx

I don't work as a web designer, but I do run a small company after hours that does some web dev. I try to do as much PHP as possible. I hate asp and don't think I would ever touch it... IMO PHP is far more widely used and if I ever had a customer tell me to use ASP, I would tell them where to stick it and refuse to do business with them, it is useless... well prolly not really, but I dislike it... go with PHP it'll be a lot more beneficial in the long run.

thanks for your reply, I also prefer php, I guess I'll stick with it

Yep PHP is much better than ASP, I was hesitating about half a year ago between learning PHP or ASP...the result was PHP, much better than ASP