Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is THIS roadmap acceptable, right now?

is THIS roadmap acceptable, right now?

I see Israel and several Arab states seem to be moving on this intractible issue. Will it work now? Or are they all just faking it to look good in the photo ops. There have been many attempts but does Bush and Blair have the arab and israeli support needed?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Israel has just made 3 major steps towards securing peace in their region. They have admitted that the Palestinians should get a seperate state, they released the so-called political prisoners, and have admitted some of the "settlements" should be removed.

I guess we wait and see if bombs continue to go off in Israeli neighborhoods.... This seems to me to a "make or break" situation. I highly doubt that either side want to see this conflict go on any longer, you'd have to be insane.

As far as Bush having what it takes to get peace in the middle east... I will vote for him if he pulls this off. I will tell everyone I know to vote for him. Even though he's a punk, redneck that can't pronounce the word N-U-C-L-E-A-R, he deserves everyone's vote if he pulls this off.

I never thought I'd see peace in the middle east in my lifetime, this is as hopeful as I have ever been about this issue.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The bombs will go off..this will only work if both sides ignore the bombs. The PLO and the Musaud have to much power vested in this conflict to let it end quietly they will try to keep it going.

As long as the war is on people on both sides stay in power, the trick will be to allow the peace process to continue inspite of them
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I don't think there will be any immediate solution to the palestinian-israeli struggle. I think that the people who will implement peace in that region are the next generation, those kids and teenagers who are mostly affected by it now, and who will be willing to risk their political future in favor of a safer place to live.
    \"Great spirits always encounter strong opposition from mediocre minds.\"
    Albert Einstein

northern Ireland sort of calmed down. Maybe there is hope.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Now if we just get the little voices in my head to stop fighting with each other.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Dead Man Walking
    I normaly try to stay out of the cosmos forum but wandered in today on accident. All i have to say is this. Watch carefully for isreal to sign a 7 year peace treaty with someone. I have a feeling that this will happen soon. when it does please think of this post and crack opena bible to the book of revelations and take a good long look at the wrods written there.

what are you saying zombiemann? It would be the end of the world to sign such a peace treaty? Explain yourself.
    It must be them again. Start the response cycle.

Dead Man Walking
    If you read the book of revalations in the bible ( the last book in the bible) it says that a 7 year treaty with isreal will play a major role in the end of the world as we know it. Im going to leave finding the rest out to you. Wouldnt want to spoil it for ya

Yes, but this is not that treaty. That one is sometime down the road, maybe not so far down, but only God know's.