Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: makin the $'s

I posted and I agree. No more like this from me. On a post that was on topic I mentioned making money on the web and got a bunch of questions sent to me. Alot of questions. But you are right thehorse13. Dosen't belong here.
    Hi, I don\'t care........ Thanks

4sale

wth?

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    I never said it wasn't a good post. In fact, I said it was well written.

My point is that it is not related to anything here on this site. I'm merely saying that if people see that positive APs are given to posts like this, what do you think they will do? Yes, you will start seeing posts that are titled, "I made $50,000 from my one bedroom apartment." If you're here trying to use the site for what it is intended for, is this what you want to see? I *know* that I'm not alone on this point of view and frankly I don't give a **** if people neg me for it.
    Yanno when someone has to say something and they are new its not your job to play ~daddy~ thats #1. #2 is the fact that if its not in your field of expertise then OMG BAN HIM. relax fat skywalker and get over it. What may help you may not help some of us. So open your mind and eat another jelly doughnut.

also Horse did you see the rating for this post? If you did not let me show you. The AntiPoint Status Of This Thread Is Currently: extremely positive

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Re: wth?

Yanno when someone has to say something and they are new its not your job to play ~daddy~ thats #1.
    Actually, if you knew the first thing about this place, you would know that it indeed is my responsibility.

#2 is the fact that if its not in your field of expertise then OMG BAN HIM. relax fat skywalker and get over it. What may help you may not help some of us. So open your mind and eat another jelly doughnut.
    LOL, you really are of limited mental capacity. No one has been banned for this thread. Also, this may come as a surprise to you but my avatar *really* isn't me so the jelly doughnut statement is completely retarded.

also Horse did you see the rating for this post? If you did not let me show you. The AntiPoint Status Of This Thread Is Currently: extremely positive
    Yes I did stupid, which is why I made the point that I did. If you could actually comprehend what you've read then you'd see that I pointed out that if people see posts like this getting positive APs then it would spark a ton of useless get rich quick threads here. The majority of people here don't want to see this ****. If you want to talk about this then head over to the Don Lapre or Carlton Sheets bulletin boards. You can sit there and plot how to become captians of industry, not here.

Here is a perfect example of a newbie who does not understand what this site is about and who obviously didn't take 5 minutes to read the site FAQ. **sigh**
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

> which is putting me through collage for html

You mean "college"? Shouldn't you have taken spelling class first? haha... Sorry, just busting your balls man!

That was a really good tutorial. It isn't security related, but still very well written. A lot of people don't understand that a .com startup takes a lot of time. Drawing a good amount of traffic to a web site alone can take years. I'm a web developer for a living, and started an internet services company about a year and a half ago. Takes a lot of cash to get things up and running, and I am just now starting to cut down overhead costs with income. Just have to stick with it, have patience, and stay dedicated.

Again, good tutorial. Positive APs for you!
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

hey c0re just had a look at your site and thought would give a couple of words of advice...pls dont see this as me talkin down or anything just a few observations....

ok the splash page (intro) am taking is done with swish or one of its spin offs? the text effects seem to be straight from its library and any flash animator (programer) will spot them right away am afraid....also the use of these kinds of proggies is frowned upon by hardcore flash peps
    next point about it, is it really needed? i know it has a skip intro link but does it have a purpose? most web-designers will tell you these days that splash pages are a no-no...

alot of people don't like them esp if on slower connections if they wait for this page to load only to discover it is an intro and not the actual site. If you want to have one why not include a link like

view c0res animated intro

or something the same....just an idea

the site itself am taking is made from phpNuke - thats the prob with using those kinda pre-ready scripts etc is unless you do alot of customisation its easy to tell straight away that you ain't coded it - dont get me wrong i aint taking anything away from you i know its quite a bit of hard work making it all work right for each individual site but personnaly i find that no matter what theme you apply they all look the same

plus do you really need all the features there? your trying to make a lil extra income from allowing artisits to post pics of their work for sale as prints? is that right?
    so why have the likes of magic 8 ball ??
    and the forums?? do they get enough traffic to make them worth while?? perhaps get each artist who wants to sell their prints to sign up with your site - perhaps a registration fee?? or you take a % of each print sold kinda thing? then each artist gets his or her own gallery to display their pics and maybe a small bit about themselves? if you are taking a cut from each sold you need to amke sure that people can only place orders thro YOU - do not let artists place contact details etc or they could just cut you out and deal direct......

then have some sort of searchable database with pics ordered b catagory? artist? style? etc
    as well as maybe featured pics (where the artist pays per day to have their work on display )

all dif ways off doing it - just some thoughts

also for a business your color scheme seems a lil dark - first impressions are the ones that count esp online as if peps dont like the look of your site they are 1 click away from someone elses who they may like the look off....you could have the greatest artisits of all time selling their art from your site but if people dont like the look of your site and click away before delving deep enough in to see the work you aint gonna sell anything at all am afraid....

i know this seems like alot of criticsm and i dont mean to offend but only to perhaps in whatever small way educate(!?)
    if you want any design tips or any other help just gimmie a pm and i'll do my best....

v_Ln

(web/flash/graphic designer and all around code monkey)

“Yanno when someone has to say something and they are new its not your job to play ~daddy~ thats #1. #2 is the fact that if its not in your field of expertise then OMG BAN HIM.”

Your very wrong rude one. Its what the anti-point system is all about and you can consider yourself lucky he told you (in a hidden thread I might add) instead of giving you negative points…looks like he’s got enough to hurt you. This is how we keep the site the way we want it and I stand with thehourse13 on this. I don’t want it either so YOU deal with it!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Re: Re: wth?

[QUOTE] Originally posted here by thehorse13
    [B]

The majority of people here don't want to see this ****.

look if i come off rash it is because i like web design. do i want to be a millionaire? no. and i think that this site could benifit from information. as i read it this site is made for information sharing. i dont care how much the guy makes but to become better is my goal.