Thread: Ipaq H3970 and GPS.

Ipaq H3970 and GPS.

Hey guys. I've got another funny question for ye. Don't know if it's the right place to put it, but here it goes.

I fish a lot. I have a Ipaq H3970, and have heard that it should be possible to use that as a "map" via GPS. Now how does that work, do I buy my self a progg or what ? Anybody know ? Please respond in a hurry, goin out on a four day camp and not in familiar waters, would really like to know if that is an option.

Pman.
    You start to wonder if you really know yourself, when you smell your exkrements...

I use a GPS when I fly and considered buying GPS that worked on a pocket pc. The way it works I believe is that the software has to be preloaded onto the pc for it to work. However, you might be able to find a software that will make your ipaq a GPS but I think that it would have to have a GPS reciever on it.

I never did use that I bought a Garmin GPS for myself.
    =

Yep, thats the way. I've can get a hold of such a reciever, but I'm in search of what software to use. (the reciever is a used one with a software that don' work with windows CE)...D'ya know or have any suggestions ? Have searched the google but only come up with one or two proggs, and they are way to expenceive...
    You start to wonder if you really know yourself, when you smell your exkrements...

Banned
    Compaq iPAQ H3970 Pocket PC (English)
    GPS Navigation Accessories
    http://www.expansys.com/accessory.as...3970&atype=GPS

Geez, thx memorY, there was some out there...But pricy, init ? Well, d'ya wanna have it, you gonna have to pay the price, right ? Think we'll have to join together on this one, my fishing mates and I, hehe...

Thx, for helping