Thread: Time period before account expires.

AO Part Timer

Time period before account expires.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this one. Searched for it, but came up mostly with a bunch of stuff about AP.

I was looking throught the members list one day. When I couldn't help but notice several accounts dating back to early 2002, and further back than that even. I also realize this number doesn't disclose PM's, and what not.

Shouldn't there be an experation on abandoned accounts. Say thirty days, sixty days. This would of course be restricted to only posts. I don't feel that you should remove an account that isn't posting., but does use PM. Or joined to download from the tools collection.

This option should be also be removed from members that declare an away date. As long as the return within the aforementioned "window" they should be fine.

Should prove to free up a bit of space.

Not that space was every a problem perhaps. You are however only as strong as your weakest link.

~* P00F *~
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

er0k
    well, just if they login is good enough. If they dont login within 30 -60 ish days like you said, that should be the time in which it expires.

erm...I was recently away from my account 2-3 months due to school (AP exams and the like). Ennis (an older member) has been away since january because of some certifications I believe, and is not due back till at earliest July I believe. Sometimes real life imposes abscences on even logging in, so this would not be a good idea.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Banned
    i agree with Kezil since people have important things to do .... they may be away for a ling time or just dont have time or computer acces to log in to AO ...

AO Part Timer

Re: Time period before account expires.

This option should be also be removed from members that declare an away date. As long as they return within the aforementioned "window" they should be fine.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here. But in everybody's control panel you have an option to declare whether you are away or here. If you choose away, you can select a return date, and a reason. Normaly when you or I view a post we can see whether a member is offline or online. If you have declared an away date. It lists you as "away". Correct?

Now my only question is this. I have made several posts. I then abandon my account, never returning to AO. If the account is then deleted simply because of an "experation date", how does the system handle posts related to said AOer?

Do the posts just vanish?

Perhaps I shouldn't try and fix things that aren't broken.
    Just an idea though. Guess that is what I get for thinking.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

My opinion is that I think that it is a great idea dopeydadwarf. Good thinking!

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

dopeydadwarf.
    there have been a few occasions where accounts have been deleted.
    the posts then stay were they were but the profile get deleted.
    and next to the post you will see something like:

registered - not yet
    rest N/A

I agree that the member list could use some cleaning.