0 0%
  • Good

1 50.00%
  • Excellent

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran: Countdown to war?

Iran: Countdown to war?

America will not tolerate Iranian nuclear arms, warns Bush. From this report and others, it appears that we are seeing the same scenario as we saw with Iraq. Iran supposively has WMD, etc. etc, but shouldn't the US be focusing efforts on current issues? Like Iraq's WMD... which we still haven't found. I guess they moved 500+ tons of WMD to Iran. So lets go look there. Maybe after we've went to war with ALL the countries on the president's "Axis of evil" list, we may find something. The US should really try to finish one thing before starting another. Afganistan still dosen't have a stable government or economy. Oh well, on to Iraq. Hmmmm... we haven't found WMD, restored democracy, or helped in any noticeable way... Oh well, on to the next county on Bush's list. Iran.

Remote_Access_
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I support Bush 24/7, but this is not the time to be invading anyone else, we have more than enough on our plate as it is. Does this mean i dont think Iran has WMD or a WMD program, no, however i think the people have a great chance of overthrowing the leadership over there. Just look at the 6 day straight riots in the street's for a move twoard democracy, just like Bush said, freedom is a powerful incentive. Noone ever pays half as much attention to these protest as they do to those who bash Israel and the United States on a daily basis.

Banned

Re: Iran: Countdown to war?

Originally posted here by Remote_Access
    America will not tolerate Iranian nuclear arms, warns Bush. From this report and others, it appears that we are seeing the same scenario as we saw with Iraq. Iran supposively has WMD, etc. etc, but shouldn't the US be focusing efforts on current issues? Like Iraq's WMD... which we still haven't found. I guess they moved 500+ tons of WMD to Iran. So lets go look there. Maybe after we've went to war with ALL the countries on the president's "Axis of evil" list, we may find something. The US should really try to finish one thing before starting another. Afganistan still dosen't have a stable government or economy. Oh well, on to Iraq. Hmmmm... we haven't found WMD, restored democracy, or helped in any noticeable way... Oh well, on to the next county on Bush's list. Iran.

Remote_Access_
    First off... Afghanistan is a whole lot better than it was while the Taliban was in power. The US led the way and a democracy is slowly forming. I agree it isn't done, but the US did its job, got rid of the Taliban and liberated the people.

Next... How long have US troops been in Iraq? Six or seven weeks? What do you think the Iraqi military did... leave the WMD in a park somewhere with signs all over the place saying "Weapons This Way ->"...!?! These things take time and when we finish our search and find nothing, you can say anything, but until then SHUT IT!! And I don't know why you're saying we haven't helped at all, look how many people have come forward after Hussein's party was taken out of control, look how many told the US media their torture stories, look how many have openly hit Saddam's statue with their shoes??? People in Iraq have been granted more freedom than they ever had before.. what's so bad about that?

Finally... Iran is not a place I'm worried about at the moment, it is one my top ten, but the situation in Isreal and Palestine is my greatest worry. I have no doubts that Iran has WMD but they don't seem to be objecting to the US as much as Iraq. I wouldn't mind sending troops into Iran just keep a watchful eye open but otherwise than that, I see no reason for another "war."

---------------------------

Off topic... what does everyone think about the Isreal-Palestine conflict. I would like UN a.k.a the US to step in and send in troops to stop the terrorism and military attacks. Although I am not a religious person, I do believe that the "Holy Land" must be protected (I think I just quoted Bush). The UN should make some kind summit and began by getting Sharon, the Hamas leaders, Arafat, and anyone else important in that area into one lil' room, lock it, and wait until they figure something out...

i think that iran will be dealt with diplomaticly, and as long as they dont jerk the chains like iraq did, their should be no war. and whats the point of sending us troops to israel. they cant stop the terror bombing, and the israely are likly to shoot ANY country that gets in their way. this isnt two armies fighting that u can just cordon off and say do not cross this line.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Off topic... what does everyone think about the Isreal-Palestine conflict. I would like UN a.k.a the US to step in and send in troops to stop the terrorism and military attacks. Although I am not a religious person, I do believe that the "Holy Land" must be protected (I think I just quoted Bush). The UN should make some kind summit and began by getting Sharon, the Hamas leaders, Arafat, and anyone else important in that area into one lil' room, lock it, and wait until they figure something out...

Honestly, i wish Bush had never got involved in this one in the first place. Israel can take care of herself, afterall Israel has the fourth largest army in the world. Everytime a U.S president gets involved in Middle East peace it ends in bloodshed. Just think about it for a sec, this latest wave of violence did'nt even start up until after that meeting they all had over there in Jordan. The U.S should never get involved in Israel's affairs, we should just sit back and support them with whatever they need, funds, military equipment, etc..... because whenever we begin to get involved many innocent people lose their lives. They are more than capable of handling the problems they face, they don't need us forcing them into any unnecessary stances that will degrade their security.

no, however i think the people have a great chance of overthrowing the leadership over there. Just look at the 6 day straight riots in the street's for a move twoard democracy, just like Bush said, freedom is a powerful incentive.
    Freedom becomes a powerful incentive when it is coupled with an agency like the CIA. But hey, the CIA overthrowing governments is better than war. At least in the short term.

And I don't know why you're saying we haven't helped at all, look how many people have come forward after Hussein's party was taken out of control, look how many told the US media their torture stories, look how many have openly hit Saddam's statue with their shoes??? People in Iraq have been granted more freedom than they ever had before.. what's so bad about that?
    Only in the long term will anyone be able to say definitively that 'liberating' Iraq was a positive or negative thing for those people. Although historically U.S. actions in this regard have rarely turned out for the better.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Hey, there's a town in Michigan (US) that has been rioting two days too.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Yeah but those guys are rioting for no reason. A cop chases a black guy on a motorbike (lets keep in mind he was drag racing another man, which is against the law) and he dies.....now let's just destroy our own town, the post office, the police station, the firestation, and what the hey let's burn down around 10 or so of our nieghbors houses while were at it.

Re: Re: Iran: Countdown to war?

Originally posted here by jaguar291

First off... Afghanistan is a whole lot better than it was while the Taliban was in power. The US led the way and a democracy is slowly forming. I agree it isn't done, but the US did its job, got rid of the Taliban and liberated the people.
    Lets start here sure its bettter for the King and the warlords we put into power, but ask the women overthere who traded in a fullbody covering for rape and murder (not that the Talaban treated women well just that the warlords treat them worse). lets also ask any teenage boy that has been "recruted" by a warlords buggering squad. Oh wait it is better for one more group the opium farmer for the rest of the people the country is as bad if not worse then it was with the Taliban in charge. Oh and I thaught the whole point of that war was to get Binladden..so where is he again?

Next... How long have US troops been in Iraq? Six or seven weeks? What do you think the Iraqi military did... leave the WMD in a park somewhere with signs all over the place saying "Weapons This Way ->"...!?! These things take time and when we finish our search and find nothing, you can say anything, but until then SHUT IT!! And I don't know why you're saying we haven't helped at all, look how many people have come forward after Hussein's party was taken out of control, look how many told the US media their torture stories, look how many have openly hit Saddam's statue with their shoes??? People in Iraq have been granted more freedom than they ever had before.. what's so bad about that?
    Umm if they had the weapons the ywould have used/ would be useing them, If you hadn't noticed the war isn't over yet (send any argument on that to the 50 troops that have died in the last month to Iraq fire. WE pulled of a text book blitzcreage offense, they are now pulling off the text book defense.) Are the people better off now, yes, but only marginaly. There is a difference between freedom and anarchy.

Finally... Iran is not a place I'm worried about at the moment, it is one my top ten, but the situation in Isreal and Palestine is my greatest worry. I have no doubts that Iran has WMD but they don't seem to be objecting to the US as much as Iraq. I wouldn't mind sending troops into Iran just keep a watchful eye open but otherwise than that, I see no reason for another "war."
    how do you propose we send troops into a forign nation without a war...we don't rule the world, and would have no right to do that. My sugestion to Iran and Syria is to get Nukes as fast as you can, its the only way to keep the US honest.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    All these middle eastern countries have existed for over thousands of years. How dare Bush go in and just bomb them, heh, a nation thats just 200 years old. Shame. I am against any military action that the US does. If they would just spend one tenth of the money they give out for war to actually really help a country in need, that means food, medical, technology, education, then these countries might have a better life. But democracy is not a world wide solution. All bush does is slaughter women and children. Thats all.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"