0 0%
  • Good

1 50.00%
  • Excellent

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Iran: Countdown to war?

Originally posted here by nebulus200
    Think the biggest thing you shouldn't forget is that the biggest single variable in the equation, Bush, is a politician. With Iraq out of the way, the general consensus in polls of the American people, is that more attention needs to be paid to the economy. Bush, like every politician, will be too busy doing what he needs to do to when re-election (and not repeat the mistakes of his father I might add). Starting another war that close to his re-election bid would be a very foolish mistake, something his managers aren't likely to let him make...
    /nebulus
    This is where you are right and wrong. The last thing bush wants is people to focus on the economy at election time (this is the true mistake his father made..ending the war too soon.). What he needs to do to win the election is start another war close to election time. Get all of the unpatriotic patriots spewing their "you must support the president in the time of war" and "you don't change horse mid race" rhetoric going and rid the wave through the election. That is his best hope for a second term. Hell there is a growing number of conservatives taking him to task on his economic policies, people have started to figure out his tax cut shell game (cut federal taxes, pass unfunded mandate, states forced to raise taxes) if the economy is what we focus on he’s screwed.

Ok Neb you were right sorry (Spelled wrong I know) Zhang Zee Yea is the ruler of China.
    But I do agree Bush wants to stay away from War for a minute just because that is what got his Father out of Office the and Ross Perot. Bush must clearly be thinking to wage another War right now would clearly get people to belive that he is a War lover. Now the very interesting thing to me; well there are two, when or if Bush gets re-elected all the Confliocts that will start, second how the UN is going to go at the fact tha there are no DAMN WEAPONS IN IRAQ. I personally belive that very soon weapons will appear but they will accidentally have the US flag on it DOH.
    Pvt. Tompkins
    I forgot to take the flag off Srgt.
    Sorry Srgt.

I guess we will see. But don't be suprised if they appear.
    We know there over there because we are going to put them there.

Banned
    whizkid2300, you're still wrong... http://www.chinatoday.com/gov/a.htm

And you probably believe that Elvis is living it up with aliens somewhere, right??

Ah, I love it when threads enter the realm of the sublime. I just wish I had whatever Whiz is smoking, that'd be a treat for sure.

And really, bballad, blaming Bush for the state of the economy is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad cheeseburger, neither of them have control. I think you want to focus your blame on Greenspan and the "all-knowing economists". ( I know I've used this saying before, but it's fitting...sue me.)

I mean really, you don't think Bush sits around on his weekends writing economic reform bills, do you? Granted he's the mouthpiece but the senate and the house and the rest of those fat cats hold far more blame than Bush.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Its irelivant who I blame for the econamy, history has shown that the masses blame the presidant. Now I do fell the federal goverment can boost a saging ecconamy by pumping mony into it, which Bush has faild to do. In fact the worst thing you can do in a bad econamy is push unfunded mandates towards the states and this is exactly what he is doing.

I guess whiz kid was being literal on his mood..perhaps next time you want to discuess politics don't get drunk first.

Now if I where bush and wanted to save my presidnacy and fix the econamy (make a lot of money for my budies) I would go to war with China next. Nothing lifts a sagging econamy like a major war (WW2 is the only reason we got out of the depression as fast as we did)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Ok first Korp You can't have any I don't share. LOL Second yeah I am wrong thanks jaguar
    So who the hell is Zhang Zee Ye damnit. Movies politics it all melts together and I think that it all is the same. I do have to kinda confer with Korp because Bush is nothing more then a puppet with a little power I mean, this is a guy that only political power came straight from his father and then he takes a bid for the Presiency and when against a Democratic hopeful that was already Vice president. Hum.......
    I don't know about you but it is rather interesting that the state that the voting problems were in just so happened to be, the state his brother was the Governor of. Hum..... I smell
    I smell BULL S... I mean atleast Clinton had a couple grounds to try to get Rid of Bush senior on when he was running economy, War, oh and don't forget to mention that he was an infamous *******. Know how is it that Mr bush takes out Gore and he couldn't use economy the econonmy at that time was great. (Please everyone for your sake and mine let's stay away form the topic of America's economy) No wars. Just a little fishy.

True a major war does help, increase your economy but, at the same time you come up with that problem that people will believe that he thrives for war.

Ok you guys got me started (Oh yeah hangover God my head hurts.) (Anyone got any asprin)
    LOL

Ok I do have another quetion to post or rather several. First what do you think the US ecomomy War in I raq and the Entire outlook of the country would be like if ther were no Bush if Gore would of won.

I will post the other question as a new post.

Whizkid2300

Oh yeah anybody want some jack.

I got plenty I will share that.\lol

bballad you are as impressive intellectually as you are astute politically. So you would go to war with China. Awesome. Finally someone with the answer. <Ahem.>

Surely there is a place for someone of your powerful, deep and reasoned thinking in the senior government agencies, perhaps the NSA.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

That is just messed up man. Yeah it wouldn't be the best thing to do but, very true major wars do increase the economy. But ballad 1 billion people that's alot. One moe thing Ballad just as a small fact if in any case we went to War I am guessing that you are under the Age of 35. Sorry man your geting drafted. Yeah I know the draft has been taken away but, it can always be reinstated.

Whizkid2300

Originally posted here by gold eagle
    bballad you are as impressive intellectually as you are astute politically. So you would go to war with China. Awesome. Finally someone with the answer. <Ahem.>

Surely there is a place for someone of your powerful, deep and reasoned thinking in the senior government agencies, perhaps the NSA.
    I am just saying that if I had t odistract a country form a dieing econamy then China would be a much better choice then Iran or syria (we would win those too quickly).

I am not saying going to war with China is a good idea for the country but bush and his gange has ahown that they don't care about the country. Going to war with China (after spending a month or two whipping the sheep up into a patriotic frenzy) is the best bet for bush's reelection (his other option would be delivering Binladden and Husains head on a platter to the populace the night before the poles.). Given the proper gaoding we could possabily get China to attack us first (it worked in WW2), barring that we could stage an attack on US citizans/military and frame china (see spanish american war or project ever green.).

we didnt goad an attack on ww2, we did set are selves up for it though. and spanish american war wasnt a staged attack, wasnt an attack at all. just an accident that got blamed on the spanirds during a time they wernt very popular.

and attacking china would not be wise.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.