Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: really, really weird... need reply

Originally posted here by unhappyStar_7
    you big fat mother****er.... do not post in here anymore .... i'm not asking anyone to do or prove anything ... go eat more twinkies you bitch... and leave me alone.... i asked for a ****ing EDUCATED OPINION ... not your flaming that doesn't really say anything or answers any of my questions. if the site is hacked i don't know for sure if i get anything out of it idon't know... but i'm hoping... maybe you leave your **** unatteneded 24/7 and you just tell the REAL CRIMINALS to just "leave you alone"... **** you, it's because of you and ppl like you that tech industry is more concerned w/ politics than the technology itself... You are the ****ing scum that's ruining the "hacker culture" and "spirit" Just because you read C# for Dummies doesn't make you R. Stallman.... You go on for months about ethics... but that's only your cover for your incompetence. Anyone can secure a server. ****, w/ windows (which you said you use) MS made it so easy that ANYONE can do it.... (yeah i know you are gonna talk 'bout my user but I LET HIM DO WHAT HE DOES).... but to find out about remote system or penetration testing what i wanna do and what i'm trying to learn ... (just more opportunity for you to flame me)... i really wish to see if you'd insult my inteligence in a bar face to face... i think NOT

achhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

and the so called "work" am asking "you" to do .... i will do myself...

after all this post was based on 10 sec of investigation and rational thought

mood: happy
    reason: i got chicken wings for breakfast:

you truly make me sick you ****ing slob
    So wait you insult him and then his weight but get mad because he insulted you? and calling him fat and a twinkie eater? im fat and i dnot eat those ****ing things. And for the record id insult you face to face in a bar, an alley, and anywhere else youd like. This bi problem with fat people gets on my nerves.

Its all fun and games untill the fat kid snaps. You called him a slob because something simple made him happy...since when was that a sin? And telling him not to post? umm, this is a FREE forum, he can post anywhere he wants.

How is he ruining anything by telling you to mind your own business? and for that "fat" comment, hav a neg eat it and look like the people you make fun of.

As to the backorrifce port , Freebsd has a port(program) called fakebo. Its a tool for trapping/playing with script kiddies who are scanning for BO. I have been meaning to install it myself for some fun. You Might just have someone who is computer saavy,likes to irc with friends ,and play with skiddies? http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi...kebo&stype=all
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Originally posted here by lumpyporridge
    As to the backorrifce port , Freebsd has a port(program) called fakebo. Its a tool for trapping/playing with script kiddies who are scanning for BO. I have been meaning to install it myself for some fun. You Might just have someone who is computer saavy,likes to irc with friends ,and play with skiddies? http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi...kebo&stype=all
    I cuoldv sworn i said that, anyway thuogh it should be on the install CDs. cute proggie.

just elaborating ,as i was not not sure as to what you meant by tools as they offer a few others ,not humerous like fakebo though.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

gore ... so you took offence personally and gave me neq's... i have respect for you because i read many of your posts... BUT...

i'm not gonna apologize for insuting him because i TRIED, I DID TRY just to talk about pure security and technical issues but this guy insuted me and my job and my qualifications and everything else.. so **** him.. he's open game

gore ... i read your post about how much you weigh and all that... whatever... i excercise myslef (a lot) and don't brag about it... at least not here... it's really pathetic of you to be so 'proud' of how big you are... IT's like Star Jones thinking she's a sexy diva... noone cares
    so please leave this personal BS alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i took the BSD port changer seriously but i don't think it applies in this case... like i said i will investigate further and see what i can come up w/. so far i've just enumerated a very small part of the network

Originally posted here by unhappyStar_7
    gore ... so you took offence personally and gave me neq's... i have respect for you because i read many of your posts... BUT...

i'm not gonna apologize for insuting him because i TRIED, I DID TRY just to talk about pure security and technical issues but this guy insuted me and my job and my qualifications and everything else.. so **** him.. he's open game

gore ... i read your post about how much you weigh and all that... whatever... i excercise myslef (a lot) and don't brag about it... at least not here... it's really pathetic of you to be so 'proud' of how big you are... IT's like Star Jones thinking she's a sexy diva... noone cares
    so please leave this personal BS alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i took the BSD port changer seriously but i don't think it applies in this case... like i said i will investigate further and see what i can come up w/. so far i've just enumerated a very small part of the network

So your saying i should be ashamed of the way i look? and that even though i could bench your family i need to lose weight because YOU think im fat? hmm thats funny.

Why is it pathetic of someone to take pride in their size???? I take a lot of pride in the fact that I'm 6'2, 270lbs... I can push a car in neutral up a hill, carry 300lbs+ roof trusses all day, bike 30-40km at a time, and keep up with everyone else in the 100m dash..

BTW we'll brag about whatever we want here.. as gore mentioned it's a free forum... ....

hmm..Let me get this straight.

Your company has hired an outside service to create and host a website for it. You were concerned or just curious about the webhosting company's security, so you ran a SYN stealth port scan on it (presumably as su or root). The results came back with many open and filtered ports, leading you to believe it was insecure, as you could not see a use for many of the ports. Additionally, you would like to prove that this site is insecure so you can take over the web server administration duties for better pay (and to use *NIX instead of NT). Therefore, you began to do some footprinting and exploration. Furthermore, you invited us to help you prove it's insecure so as to help you take over the duties.

That is my understanding of the situation thus far, and in a more favorable light than I imagine a few others see it.

However, your handling of the situation leaves much to be desired. First of all, you are attempting to crack into a system OUTSIDE of your control, and without the permission of the owners. While you do have an interest in the security of your site, this is STILL illegal. Furthermore, you bring this up on a site adamantly anti-cracker and ask for help (whether it was the main focus or not is beside the point). Second, most, if not all, of those ports have legitimate uses in the context of the company. ftp, ssh, telnet, smtp, http, pop3, auth (TCP authentication), imap2, news, https, login, shell, klogin, kshell, and eklogin are all services that are enabled on some server or another on the internet and have legitimate purposes in use or administration, and for a large web hosting are to be expected. Don't believe me? google for them, one by one, down the list to find out the purpose and use of all these ports. Also, all those other ports are filtered. Filtered does not mean open. It doesn't mean closed either, but importantly they are not open.

Now for the last item of my hit list: your very abusive post in response to HTRegz. While there is some reason - he was shooting you down again and again, it is not nearly enough for an outburst like that. First, you should have more control than that. Second, you better get used to criticism or you will never survive on the net (at least, if you want to participate and not just watch), nor in the real world - react like that to your boss's criticism, and you will be on the street before your workday ends. That post was childish, immature, and entirely inappropriate. If you don't like what he says, ignore him. If he challenges you, come back with an intelligent reply. Not only did that post portray a lack of control, it also insinuates that you have no clue what you are talking about, that you are incapable of properly defending yourself, and so you are resorting to personal attacks. Further, even what you did say was uninformed, presumptuous, and prejudicial. Before you attempt to do anything resembling this again, I suggest that you do a bit of research into the person you are trying to insult, and be well aware that what you say may cause ill will toward you from more than just your target and his/her friends.

Grow up, gain some self control, read up on law in regards to the internet, and learn. You will be better for it, and if you don't, it's your loss.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Those attacks by all of you against each other are not necessary at all.... We are supposed to be on the same team... but, I'll stay out of all that.

The open ports are ports that services are being offered to the public. Most of them all have their means of being protected... uesr names, passwords, user rights, blocked at ip and host level, etc. The filtered ports can't be accessed. They are blocked by a firewall. It is even possible that those services are not running.. nmap just returns it because it sees a rule that says filtered and assumes that it is running.

When I scan my box(s)... I see every service installed as filtered... except for a few that are truly running. There is quite a few that show up as filtered... and the rest show up as open.

If you are truly worried about this machine... call the admins of it. Have them investigate it. Have them explain to you why the scan came up like it did. What are doing to protect your site and any info that may be stored on it? Most of them are decent people and want to reassure you. If there is a problem... they will take care of it. If they don't take care of it... take your business elsewhere.

If you want to learn about computer forensics... pick up a book. Hacking Exposed is good. I also like Incident Response (Investigating Computer Crime). There are tons more out there. You can also learn with test networks... I wouldn't be messing about on production machines.

By looking at a scan you can't tell if a system was compromized. You will need to get into the OS itself and system logs. Look at services, running processos, user accounts, audit trails and a whole lot more.

I doubt that you want to do that since you are not authorized. You hired them to serve your website... they didn't hire you as a security consultant. You can really get into a lot of trouble with both your work and their company for messing around like this. Trust me...

Our security guru did the same to one of our vendors and we recieved letters from their Lawyers. They were nice about it... just a cease and desist if you will. If you don't have a contract with someone... DO NOT TRY TO "AUDIT" THEM! Seriously...

A phone call to your account manager or their security gurus will work wonders. Especially since you are a concerned customer.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

do i really 'lack' self control... NO i have self control where it's needed... (like my boss) and i don't really need to control myself against personal attacks over the net... whatever .... whatever... i'm begging for this personal $ to be finished ... it's not going anywhere....
    ..............................................................................................................................................

no really. let's move on

..............................................................................................................................................

ok i managed to connect to the irc server by routing from the internal NT system in my job.. there's only 1 channel in /list ... it's "#a"... inside there is only one user "@gg1". i really wish i knew more about irc because it doesn't respont to any commands i can think of. i can create new channels but only 9 so limit is 10. the funny thing is that when i do /whois on him it show up as URL with blabla.ru ... what is ".ru"??? ... i'll be back... in a sec