Hello everyone, I would just like to say I love to find answers on my own but I am really pressed for time over here and am wondering if some of you posters out there can help me… I had an XP box that lasted for 1.2 years with out badly messing up during that time (a record for me heh…) I ran a lot of applications and games also I tent to fill up hard drives pretty quickly so it was just a matter of time before something went horrifyingly wrong.

As a lot of the more experienced XP users know I started getting those damn C:\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt errors. Then it just got so bad that windows wouldn’t boot up at all. “****! I SHULD HAVE BACKED UP EVERYTHING!” I screamed in dismay. People start to think you’re on crack when you take out your aggression on inanimate objects such as a keyboard. Anyway for the people out there that are in charge of other peoples accounts, file rights and computer software settings it’s a real BITCH to input all that **** all over again grr! I used the recovery console to replace the file with a non-corrupted one but then I found myself looking at a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!! I was not going to spent anymore time on this bull **** so I put in a new hard drive, installed windows again, made the old hard drive with the data on it a slave and set up everything.

I rushed the install because I had to go to work soon. Now with the new install when I right click a file the security tab is not there? I formatted the partition as NTFS so what gives??? And the other day guess what happy little message greeted me at boot up for ****s sakes C:\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt. I have not seen it Lately so i dont really know what to make of it? The little I do know about this error from hell is replacing the files doesn’t always fix the problem and its somewhat of a mystery in the windows community what really cusses this…?

P.S.
I like to use Linux and windows so don’t waste posts on telling me change to *nix also its not a virus I scanned EVERYTHING!!

PP.SS.
I know about attrib and i dont think its a hardware thing so any other ideas could really help me out thanks….