Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attacks planned for Sunday

Exclamation Attacks planned for Sunday

According to Internet Security Systems, a coordinated web-based attack is scheduled for this Sunday, July 6, 2003. I saw this on MSNBC also and they indicated that the attack is believed to be targeted towards government and business websites. You can see ISS's statement about it HERE. Stay on alert!
    \"Is this heaven? No, this is Iowa.\"
    -Field of Dreams

anyone have any confirmation on this? not that *theuser* is lying to us, i just wanna know if this has hit the presses anywhere else.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

Originally posted here by sickyourIT
    anyone have any confirmation on this? not that *theuser* is lying to us, i just wanna know if this has hit the presses anywhere else.
    It was actually reported on a local radio station here in Canada about an hour ago.

Cheers:
    DjM

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Ninja Code Monkey
    It has also been released on the reuters news service.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

It's a gas!
    Yeah ISS are recommending all you lazy sys admins out there to start patching now

BTW Saltdogg21 mentioned this earlier today HERE

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I am a member of DHS/FBI Infragard and this annoucement was made yesterday.

Personally I think it is more for site publicity rather than a real threat. This kind of stuff goes on all the time and from personal experience, if a *real* hacker group had a challenge going on, you'd never ever hear about it.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

They have put up their own web site:www.defacers-challenge.com.

The winner gets 500mb of hosting, webmail, email forward (limitless), Domain Name (that YOU choose). Now don't you think any 'real' hacker can get any of this stuff anyways?

Cheers:

/edit Sorry gang, the site seems to have gone away or its been pulled by the ISP.
    DjM

Here another one http://member.compuserve.com/news/st...20030606KBS101 BTW sorry if it doesn't work for IE, AOL, MSN this is compuserve news on the front page!

Cya
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Yea! if a real hacker challenge was going down it would be heard throughout the world
    maybe after it happen but I doubt it. anyway just my two cents