Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun little site for noobs to play around with.

I must be a blooming idiot, I can't get level 1 password. Sheeese, I need to go back to bed...
    \"A face without freckles is like a night without stars.\"

Banned
    Its been posted and its in the source code... and in case you're not joking like I think you are.... right click (or go to view -> source) -> view source -> scroll down and look for password

Exclamation level 5

I was thinking of posting the solution, but instead I'm going to give a few more hints....

Many of you are doing everything right, except on the first line....

you must make the server think the form came from www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php and you must make it through a GET request instead of a POST one.

So, the first line you input on telnet would be GET .......... HTTP/1.1

and the third line: Referer: http://www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php

With this you already made it process the form as a GET request and make it think it has came from www.hulla-balloo.com/hack/level5/index.php

So, if the protection from the referer is gone, and if it is being passed has a get request....

Hummmm, it sounds a lot like level4 isn't it?!

I can't give anyhints without posting the full answer, any doubts PM me....

why is this thread gone dead?no post has been made in this for so long.

should i think the people here r lacking grey cells or have lost the attitude needed for being a h***er.

the very first line from the defn of h***er says the "a hardcore computer geek who shares his knowledge with others"

so pls u all, atleast u newbies, don`t let this tread down its a challenge for all of us and challenges r always hard to crack.

this thread should move on b`cos "one should not divert from one`s chosen path halfway".

so wake up u all wannabe geeks...we haven`t reached our destination as yet it is yet very much far away.

--- Level 5 is the current challenge. Any one gone through it without using telnet.
    SeCuRiTy MaKeS Me TeNsE

Cool site! I wonder how come there are so many types of these sites though...
    Whoever said Assembly was dead?

Hum, actually I did get past level 5, to level 8 which is supposed to be some SSI exploit as I read here, I just made a mistake while writing my previous message in hurry... I was (am) in a web cafe at Gran Canaria and the counter let me know that I had only 3 minutes of time left. Anyway, I got to level 8 with Proxomitron only, no need for dirty telnetting. You should try it too...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

I could not get the Telnet to work on level5,
    But I found that
    "netcat is your friend."

Got to 9. This is a riddle of some sort.

"netcat is your friend."
    hi 3r2,
    really don`t understand what does that mean. tell me how u got this message whithout using telnet
    SeCuRiTy MaKeS Me TeNsE

Ok. I am very pathetic. I have absolutly no idea what to do. And please, someone actually talk to me, not just tell me to go to another tutorial.....

nvm.....i got it.....
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

well after level 5 its pretty simple ..... level 8 has some bug so the password is given
    but the catch here is that level 8 does not make much of a sense to me...humph
    but well i guess i need to do a bit of thinking on this..

sorry bout that i guess its level 7 that has soem kind of bug not level 8