Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *Fixed* Member List Disabled By Admin?

DOH!

Hey! They are listening!! Thank you HardSparkle... I am elated that this has finally been given a response. To you this might sound like a small problem, I run an ISP in the midwest and have reccomended this site to several of my customers who really want to learn. They are kind of like my students, and several have forgotten their info and have been unable to log into their accounts. I promised them I would try my best to retieve their user names so they can get back on. I also know this sounds very feeble, but these people are not very versed in computer ethics at all, they don't yet have the insticnts that most of us here have. I have been known on AO as a kind of "old d00d" that tends to take nubes under my wing when I see their potential. I understand too that a lot of those nubes have been banned when I couldn't jump in to try to protect them, if I can't find their profile I cannot track their movements on this board to find out where they have screwed up. Some have deserved it, most have not, usually their glowing ignorance is all it takes to get them banned.

This brings me to the fact that JM has removed the more "general" forums from the front page, I have always thought that should be an earned choice for the Senior Members to be able to choose what they want to see on the front page. Most of my "students" screw up the worst in the forums that have been removed from casual viewing. The nature of this community has a lot of newbies afraid to post in the security forums because they do not know security... at all! So... For the sake of your Senior Members that DO contribute to the quality of this site, I think you ought to consider this request. I will forget all of the changes of the past (banner free surfing and the like) if you will fix these problems and work on giving us Seniors a bit of incentive to stay here, I will be much less critical of your "improvements" in the future.

Don't let these wounds fester, they may become gangrenous.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

looks like this "bug" is gone.. you can now view the members list.

w00t..

Yep, members list is back now. The bug that caused us to disable it has been fixed with the upgrade which was installed this week.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Yes, but when you get inside the "View Members List" section the "Advanced Search" is still disabled.

Gives you this error:

AntiOnline
    Sorry! The administrator has disabled searching of the member list.

I've re-enabled the advanced members list search.

- h

Thanks for re-enabling it... but is it going to stay up now?

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Yep, it should stay up now. The advanced search setting was just overlooked when we installed the upgrade.

- h

thanks for all your hard work, mnstrgrl.. u da woman who rules..

do I hear a cheer for mnstrgrl ? hip hip hooray..

W00t!! W00t!! W00ty!!
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Not to keep bringing up things of the past, or to piss off those that fixed this problem... but where is teh athority to actually change the heading of this post? Sorry maybe it's me being tired and just happen to randomly notice this, but I personally think that's a little much... what is happening to the structure and free voice?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]