Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your State/Province/Whatever's Toilet Flush Power

er0k

Your State/Province/Whatever's Toilet Flush Power

Hrm.. while i was in texas i noticed that their toilets flush power in gallons was regulated. Every toilet i saw in texas had something like 7.5 gallons per flush... Well when i got home i happened to notice that our normal flush power is 13.5 gallons, nearly twice that of texas. My question i guess is, how much money per capita does texas spend on plungers?

<this is a serious thread, sorta.. i just wanna know everyones flush power and try to figure out why texas' is 1/2 oklahoma's, etc etc. without actually doing research, im sure some of you out there know why. >

Have fun with the thread. Dont get gross or i will delete it. and that would just disappoint me .

... run off and check your local toilet, it should say somewhere on it how much it flushes, but i guess if you have a rather old toilet regulations wouldnt apply.. i dunno im confused.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    A lot of new construction codes limit the volume of a toilet flush. Some toilets are down to 1.2 gallons. Of course you have to flush them 3 or 4 times to get something down them, so I don't know how much water you save.

Mayor Ed Koch ( New York City, a long time ago) once said during a water shortage:
    "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Banned
    well if im taking a serious d*mp i have to flush at least 3 time no matter how much water is in there ....

maybe we could use Seawater for toilet flushing ? .... http://app.internet.gov.sg/data/mcds...eedback258.htm

I guess i have one the older ones can't find the toilet regulations. i guess it depends on the pressure thats comming in useally it's one flush,But during the summer sometimes but not all the time in takes anywhere from 2 to 3 flushes to go down.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

u AMERICANS with your STATES, and LAWs and u'r TOILET FLUSHES( he he he )
    we dont have STUPID regulations like dat.
    hmmmm............ I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF AMERICA IS A FREE COUNTRY???....................
    but then again there is no free countries anywhere............................

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    What we could do is have a "gray water" sewage system and "brown water" sewage. Recycle the gray water (from the shower or bath) and run it through the toilet for the brown water system.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

er0k
    hrm sounds good to me. damn toilets. always causing trouble.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    well if im taking a serious d*mp i have to flush at least 3 time no matter how much water is in there ....

maybe we could use Seawater for toilet flushing ? .... http://app.internet.gov.sg/data/mcds...eedback258.htm
    I refuse to take the time to read that article, but I know from experience that sea water works. On a sailing yacht of decent size (in particular, the [i]Prima Donna{/i], a boat we chartered last summer), the toilet just pumps water from the ocean, through the toilet, and back into the ocean. It works marvelously well, and actually helps keep in cleaner, IMHO.

Anyhoo, here in AL, I got 1.2 gal/flush. I work on a construction site with some plumbers... I'll ask them about toy-toys, as they like to call them.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Man, I must be out of it. When I read the topic I thought this thread was about states having toilet-themed super powers. I need sleep.
    RedTheFed

\"If you can\'t make it good, make it look good.\" - Bill Gates

Hmm... Alabama -- The Outhouse State.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.