Thread: Inline Skates

Question Inline Skates

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with computer security, or even computers, security, birds & bees, etc., but here goes.

I had a random thought the other day. It went like this: "I need skates."

I asked myself, "What?!", to which the reply came: "I need skates. Inline skates."

As crazy as that sounds, it gets crazier. "I need skates. Inline skates. With WHEELS!"

So, now I need skates.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, and if anyone can give me some advice on what to look for in skates. If so, you are one of the coolest people ever (except for me, as the little voice in my head keeps reminding me: "No one else is as cool as you."... Maybe it's my long-ignored ego or something *shrug*).

Anyhoo, help me out! Before this voice . . . strangles me or something.
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I use to inline skate a little bit, but due to the large number of cuts, concussions, and bruises my doctor advised me that it might be good for me to quit until they come out with skates that don't let you fall.

Can't really tell you what you need in skate phirephreak, but may I suggest Kneepads, elbo pads, helmet, and gloves .

Thats strange about that voice though, as I have a voice in my head telling me the same thing.
    Cheyenne1212, you truly are the coolest of the coolest when it comes to men. No one, not even phirephreak can match your coollness.
    Ok, maybe its a little different.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    Thats strange about that voice though, as I have a voice in my head telling me the same thing.
    Cheyenne1212, you truly are the coolest of the coolest when it comes to men. No one, not even phirephreak can match your coollness.
    Ok, maybe its a little different. [/B]
    BLASPHEMY!

"Cheyenne is a liar! You are still da man!"

Anyhoo, thought I'd add a few more specifics about what I'm after. I want skates. (Yes, with wheels).

Skates that I can abuse, that won't fall apart on me. Also skates that would be a good investment (ie, last longer than my knees will when stair bashing).

Right now, I'm kinda liking these: http://www.razorskate.com/item169.htm

Let me know if these would be good. Now. That's an order.
    Wait, can I order you people around? "Damn straight."
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

well it's nice to see that the old MKUltra project is still up and running stateside

lil' voices in da heed... you're all mad

here take this pill....

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

A red pill, I hope?

Anyhoo, seriously, I need advice!