Thread: A nice little tool for auto-start assessment

AO Ancient: Team Leader

A nice little tool for auto-start assessment

In browsing another security site I came across mention of another program and went to see what it does. While there I found a nice little tool that enumerates _everything_ that starts up when your computer starts, including scripts that are run through Win2k domain policies. I was rather impressed with the output, it's small size and text file output, (it all goes easily onto a floppy so no changes to the system are made.

It's called startuplist and can be found here
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Oooh that looks quite handy.... cheers Tiger

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

lol.. I like the shakes I got on that link..hmmmm a little script called earthquake..

But you do end up at the Software List Page.. you just have to click on the startuplist link..
    (this is the URL you will find yourself at.. http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ )

thanks for the Link TS..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    er.... Sorry about the shakes and the accusations on the link.... My bad......

When I tested it it went perfectly to the zip download..... Probably because I still had the actual page open in another window.

Undertaker's link is what I should have posted...... Sorry.

***slapping self***
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

At a glance it looks to be a lot like MS's MSConfig, just cleaned up. The only difference is that there seems to be a fair bit missing (or it looks a lot 'cleaner', depending on how you look at it), and it is searcheable, one of the major things that MSConfig is missing. Good for finding things, but you can't disable startup items.

None well done Tiger Shark, a good find.
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

Hello Tiger , well thanks for the vibrationn, but u almost shake my pc off the desk , d you have more shaking sites ?

I AM CONSTANT AS THE NORTHERN STAR , SHAKING DON'T MOVE ME..........
    DE SCORPION KING

hi i just want to say tanx and make you realize that te best things in life are free. always remember that nothing is ignorable, small tings wit time they become big. remember you know where you came 4rom
    REVEREND OBODO

Thanks a lot tyger!
    I have been looking for something exactly like this.
    The web site is awesome too!

-cheers!
    ap0cq

Great tool Tiger, how useful!!!,,,,, Keep it up ,,,,
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<