Thread: Matrix Puzzler....

Matrix Puzzler....

Last night, I sat down and watched the Matrix (the first one) for perhaps the ninety-bazillionth time, and I'm still noticing new things.

One of the things I've noticed has me kinda confused.

When Morpheus, Trinity, and Neo are in the subway station awaiting for the call to get out of the Matrix, after Morpheus leaves, Trinity says to Neo. "Everything the Oracle has told me has come true. Everything except for this. I want to tell you, but I'm afraid of what it may mean if I do..." Anyhoo, the bum off in the corner turns into an Agent and Trinity splits.

After Neo gets shot up and "dies", Trinity whispers to him, "I'm not afraid anymore. The Oracle told me that I would fall in love, and that the man that I loved would be the One, blah blah blah blah." So, what had not come true?

It's obvious throughout the movie that she's got a "thing" for Neo, so therefor, according to the Oracle, Neo is the One. So, what had not come true?

Any other Matrix freaks, it would be great of you to contribute your ideas
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Banned
    maybe the thing that hasnt come true is that Neo and Trinity are together ... i mean trinity is not sure if he's the one so she doesnt wantt o tell him what the oracle said ...but then after he gets shot she realizes that she really loved only HIM so she said that for him to believe that he is the one and come to life .... or something like that ...you got me confused there for a minute

I don't know... I kinda got the impression that she believed Morpheus when he said that Neo was the One, and that she didn't have any question about it... she knew it through and through, "balls to bone", as the Oracle would say. So I'm still not sure what it is that didn't come true yet. I mean, pretty much all doubt about Neo being the One was gone by the end of the rooftop scene, and Trinity went to the trouble of bringing food personally to Neo's room... a treatment a dejected Cipher claimed he never received. This move began to show Trinity's affection for Neo... so both ends of that tale seem to have come true before the subway scene...

More input is needed!
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Banned
    maybe the Oracle told Trinity that he has to fight and agent at the end ...and you know how the oracle is misterious she didnt told trinity whos gonna win ... so Trinity was afraid to tell neo that hes going to fight an agent, because if she tells him she's afraid he might lose ...