Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna Wardrive?

Wanna Wardrive?

Wardriving: War driving is the act of locating and possibly exploiting connections to wireless local area networks while driving around a city or elsewhere.

First and foremost, Wardriving is not hacking wireless networks, it is ONLY locating them, and in the case they're free networks, enjoy! With that in mind, let's continue, shall we?

What You Need
    [list=1][*]Laptop[*]WLAN Card[*]Antenna (optional)[*]GPS (optional)[*]Software (see below)[/list=1] As for software, you'll need what's known as a "stumbler" utility. I use NetStumbler, which tends to be the norm for this kind of thing. There are other utilities and such that you can use, but those are merely optional. If you have an antenna, it will greatly increase your range for picking up networks. And as for the GPS, it can help you plot where the networks you found are.

Easy As Pie
    [list=1][*]Grab all your shiat[*]If you have an antenna, set it up[*]Start NetStumbler on your laptop[*]Leave the comptuer somewhere where you wont be tempted to have some fun while you drive!!!!! this is worse than a cell phone![*]drive around[*]analyze results[*]what you do from here is ultimately up to you! (white hats vs black hats) muwahaha[/list=1]

This is a Tutorial??

I could learn more from an article like WiFi Is Open, Free and Vulnerable to Hackers

How about how to set it up on an operating system, where to get the software, how to read the results, how to make the frikking antena

Please supply more info if you are going to make a tutorial ( maybe that is why I haven't written one, I'm too critical )
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

haven't finished it.. submitted by accident.. look for changes soon

In that case you'll understand the neg, sorry.

Try writting it in OpenOffice, AbiWord, Word Perfect or ( ehhh, ) even Word.

Then when you are happy, copy/paste.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

T3h Ch3F

Still a Copy Paste, though Jumbled.

A simple copy paste, not unlike this post, in Google Search revealed the goods.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com...812927,00.html

Oh well.

My appologies if you actually wrote the article for the link.

Banned
    tsk tsk tsk ...you really have to read some of the stickys in the Tutorials Forum ....

T3h Ch3F

MemorY

Damn MeM! Look at your post #, kind of eerie! lol. 666

Banned
    man you are scary ....i swer to god i was thinking the same thing .... now i'll have nightmares ...thank you ...

T3h Ch3F

Corrected by post 667!!!!!!

Now your just 667, neighbor of the beast lol.

P: Bruda.

Evil like this ? bwahahahaah