Well, as exciting as this thread has been, lets add some additional value to it.

*Suppose* you do have an OEM system, where they have left the Administrator password blank or to something stupid like "password" (Sadly, it's quite common), you really don't want that.

While it does have the advantage of a providing you a way to regain access to your PC if you forget your password, it does pose a security risk to your system.

Now, password protecting this account probably won't help you (due to the fact if you've forgotten the password to your everyday account, what are the chances of you remembering the password for an account you very rarely use)..

I recommend disabling the default administrator account on XP systems. It's really just an additional account with administrative privileges, since the first user account created when you install XP is added to the Administrator group.
As such, disabling the default Admin account doesn't really cause a problem when trying to administer your PC and it adds that little extra bit of security to your system.

Here's a quick instruction on disabling the Administrator (or any other user) account.
Click Start Menu -> Run
"mmc %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\lusrmgr.msc"
Open the Users Folder and double click on the account you wish to work with.
Click the 'Account is disabled' checkbox. Click OK to save the change and then exit the tool.

The account is now disabled. YaY!! Let's go get drunk...

Note: I provided these simple instructions in this method, due to the fact on many OEM installations of XP; the Administrative Tools are not shown on Start Menu etc. This was just a guaranteed way of people being able to follow the instructions... Not that they would.. I mean, why would any sane person listen to me?