Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hackers turn to Google to find weakest links

As hypronix reminded us, the use of Google to exploit some webpages is not so recent than this.
    I personally consider it is not a google fault. It's simply a clever use of the cache feature which respect exactly is goal: viewing a page without accessing to the real page. Why hackers would reject a technology that everybody use everyday?
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I need not stress this more I think... but since webmasters can use Google aswell as any possibe cracker [let hackers remain hackers...] can. If it sounds like a lot of work, well... those guys are still getting paid, and if the cracker has the time, why doesn't the webmaster has the time too?

I, to be part of the creators/maintainers of Google, would not modify the search engine any bit [by removing options from it].

cheers!
    /\\

cj7jeeper your kidding...right?

google is not responsible for what you have or dont have on your site any more the than it is responsible for any bad configurations or security holes one may create. it's job is to collect information for us and that it does. if it happens to reveal a hole in your web security, its your fault not googles.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Man, Google is still the best tool and I know it will continue to best the best search engine

I am still pretty new here, but I stick with the idea that I have been reading a lot in this thread: this is not Google's problem, but rather the webmaster's.

I don't think there is a change neccessary, but if there was to be a change, I would hope that it would be one that could alert web masters to the hole. Google's efficiency in searching shouldn't be compromised because of the mistakes of other web masters.

Read this thread, and you'll see even more how google can be used to gather info on sites...you can even get encrypted pw's...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249336
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

I think it's the webpages designer's fault ,,,,

their foolness allowed them to add a weak code

BIOS Bomber
    Originally posted here by da_zero
    I think it's the webpages designer's fault ,,,,

their foolness allowed them to add a weak code

You are the weakest link! good bye! haha.
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

WASSUP MAn ?

I have only been on here for alittle bit, but one thing I learned immediately was not to post useless posts. Now, it is kinda ironic that this post in itself has no point to it and is rambling, but just make sure your posting have a point.

On the topic of google.com what they have accomplished is amazing! Their cache technic is so logical. and YES, I agree with the majority google.com is still best.