Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New KaZaA Worm!

I dont know if Napster gave out the core coding, because wasnt Napster based on a central server and not a open architechure? The fact is though, with any file sharing program, you should watch what you download and execute.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

thnx

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    I dont know if Napster gave out the core coding, because wasnt Napster based on a central server and not a open architechure? The fact is though, with any file sharing program, you should watch what you download and execute.
    AFAIK, this is true. I never heard of any information regarding Napster giving out their code for their program. And my understanding was that Napster used centralized servers - not like the P2P of today in which there are no centralized servers.

Not just with file sharing programs, but ANYTHING you download you should be weary of, only download from a trusted source, scan the file with a virus scanner using the latest DAT files, etc.

I'm glad to see i've actually started a good discussion!
    Thank You
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

Banned
    Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    Use Kazaa - Get Antivirus - Update Antivirus Daily
    My version:

Use Kazaa -> Get Subpoena -> Pay Big $$

And as for the virus... its one of the million flying around p2p networks but a good post indeed...

kazaa it's the perfect blank to the cracker's, because the crakers use kazaa to send virus, and we only think that the programs that we download by kazaa are safe programs and the true is that the 45% of all that program are infected with a lot of diferent kind of virus.
    i know that but unfortunately my big brother think that kazaa is the modern technology, so inagine what is the velocity of my pc eh....... well bye see you

oh it could be considered modern, but i just call it file sharing.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

Thumbs up for music..

i use Blubster to download mp3's...never had a problem with it..

This dont surprise me either
    [gloworange]I only see farther, well because I am smarter[/gloworange]

But it is not really more rampant than on IRC or newsgroups during their gold ages.
    While usenet (Newsgroups) isn't as prolific as it used to be, a litttle test of mine to prove a point to some a-holes produced almost 16 times more viri on usenet during the test period. Both involved a broad sweep of both Kazza and some off-color newsgroups. I pulled about 10 gb down from both and had thousands of positive virus IDs. Mostly sub7 and other backdoors.

These A-holes put Kazaa on my box at HOME to download some Cyprus Hill, since it kind of went with our party theme.... I was so ****ing mad I felt I had to prove something.... touch my keyboard again and yer mine...

Kazaa is a risk and as stated in another thread, you can rape someone with it. Usenet is also a risk, been infected there serveral times NOT paying attention. But I can't break the addiction... there is too much info there to ingnore and not play.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.