Thread: Cant transfer files outside my LAN

Unhappy Cant transfer files outside my LAN

Hi all ..
    i hope you all are going well

Well , i installed a new LAN at home .. i use it to use internet .. but i can't recieve files from others using MSN messenger and other instant messengers .. sometimes i can send files ...
    the voice conversatino works in the local network between two computers in the lan but not outside
    i use a router ( Alcatel ) and a Hub .. or using proxy3 program sometimes ..
    i think the poblem is in the router ( specifecally the Ubnp is not activated ) or when using a server and proxy 3 program .. some ports are locked ..
    Do you have a solutino to solve this problem on both cases ( router & proxy3 ) ?
    any help will appreciated

Sounds like you are on the right track with it likely being router ports. What kind of router are you using? Have you looked on the manufacturers web site to see how to configure it? I'm unfamiliar with proxy three so I can't help there.

Also....do you have any software running that would stop that? Norton personal firewall perhaps? Or Zone Alarm? Or maybe the ridiculous personal firewall that comes with XP?

No ..i dont use any firewall or virus scanners ..
    in fact i configured the router but i dont know how to activate Ubnp technology ..because i'm newbie

im not familiar with Alcatel but all routers require port mapping to get inbound messages to their destination. certain Alcatel routers have an "auto-mapping" feature. look in your documentation for port mapping.

a remote server will read your ip as being that of your routers outside interface. its the job of your router to either drop incoming or route each port and protocol to the internal address you assign
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”