Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reparations

Reparations

Do you think that Blacks should get reparations?

Ok I say No.

No better yet hell no.

I will wait a while to post my theory on this one.

Whizkid2300

Did I keep slaves...No, where you a slave...humm No...should reperations be paid, NO.

So blacks got craped all over in the past...so what, every other group got craped over in the past as well.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Mabey we should give the Native Americans their land back..... whats in the past is already done. If there are blacks around that were slaves at one point, sure, give them reparations. Otherwise, no!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Humm my granmothers side had some ancestors aht came over from scotland who wher indentured servants....bew the slave argument shouldn't I be up for reperations also? perhaps I should be for this

Ok Cross as a Reference if I remember my history correct we did give some group of the Indian culture Reparations. As I said I personally don't believe that they should be paid but this is a very big debate going on right now.

Whizkid2300

I say no giving them compensation is not going to make a bit of difference now or in the future what was done is done. they should just move on with their lives.

Hell, they kept the Jews in slavery for nearly a thousand years before they moved out of Africa (WAY before...), so if they are paid anything from us, they should have to pay the Jews 200 times more. Of course...not all Africans were involved in that, but not all Americans are related to people that were involved in the slavery thing when it was going on. (esp. people living in the North). My relatives are 90% Irish and they diddn't even come to the US until it was all over.

keezel I beleive you are talking about the egyptions...well it looks like the jews where never held in slavery by the egyptions....its a fiction...never happened, now I have no idea where they where but the egyptions didn't use slave labor for their works, they had an interesting way to pay taxes, if you where a egyption citizan you spent 6 months of every year working for the peharo. (wait if the jewish slaver in egypit was a lie dose that mean the bible isn't 100% literal truth...nahh it must mean the egyptions who where obseeive with writeing every thing down just forgot to mention the jewsih slavery period of their history.)

Old Fart
    Hey people... this was discussed almost a year ago and the conversation was quite heated. Do we really need to stir up this particular hornets nest again? If so, then reply to Tedob1's thread as this one is redundant.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Ninja Code Monkey
    Considering that most 'races' have been used as slaves by others at one point or another in history (including white people enslaving white people) I do not believe that anyone is owed reparations.

Especially since the majority of people in this country did not have ancestors that kept slaves in the US, and the fact that african tribes were selling one another into slavery.

Indeed...this thread is redundant. As is the whole argument it represents.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X