Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux password

Talking

hi
    its easy to break the root password if u r having the physical access to the computer .Just boot the computer with linux installation disk and type linux rescue.After that give command chroot /mnt/sysimage .now give command passwd root and then specify the new password.Then exit
    Everything will be under control

chao

BUMP

Thought it'd be interesting to check this thread, near enough to 5 years later.

better bring some people some closure:

We fixed it by re-installing it, all those years ago lol.

And it is VERY different to see a message stating:
    You last visited: August 18th, 2003 at 05:39 AM

Long time between drinks, and funny to see that most of the people who posted in the thread got booted.

Do I hold some kind of record as the longest joined member with the least amount of posts?
    Last edited by igmp20; March 19th, 2008 at 01:26 PM.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    There's an easy way to get the password even from this timeframe....we'll work on it ...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Let me get this straight.

5 years ago you and your cronies couldn't remember a Linux password; yet 5 years later you still remember your AO password?

Strange things are a foot at the circle K
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff

5 years ago you and your cronies couldn't remember a Linux password; yet 5 years later you still remember your AO password?

ya know... I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they wrote it down this time and pasted it to their monitor... or ... dont say it... they use the same passwd for everything now
    if God was willing to live all out for us, why aren't we willing to live all out for Him? God bless,
    Godsrock37
    my home my forum

Quote Originally Posted by dinowuff

Odd eh?
    We also all got a distinction for that particular module, even weirder.

Godsrock37, no the password to this account is not plastered on a 5 year old post-it lol, I knew the guy that made the original post 5 years ago under this account (his account essentially, used mainly for browsing purposes and rarely logged in) and although he is no longer among the living we did use the same password for everything for a while, turns out that same password was still applicable to this account near enough to 3 years after his death.