Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Have Called You About msblast...

Well the only network i have to look over is at my home i only have three computers running win2000/XP and none of them got effected. But i did have one friend who had just re-installed windows XP and within 5 minutes of connecting to the internet to update his computer he got it lol. He called me up at midnight screaming about how his computer would shutdown within a couple minutes of starting it.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

i haven't had any of my machines at the office get infected, but some of my users had their home computers blasted. i warned them..sent out an email with a brief description of what could happen if this wasn't patched, but some of them clearly ignored my email.

"why pay attention to our admin when he warns us about a viurs spreading, what does he know"....dumbasses LOL
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

I searched and searched and searched and searched for a patch to the RPC/DCOM exploit that allows the worm to inhabit your machine, I found a disinfector, but i didn't have it, I just wanted to keep it that way. eventually, I found out that the exploit was patched in a security update long ago and I had been immune to it 3 months before it was written... go figure
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

we are finding about 2-3 machines per day for the last 4 or 5 days. All mgrs with laptops....hmmm...starting to see a pattern now...
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

We havent had any infections at work *CXGJarrod knocks on wood* but about 4 users here at work and about 10 family members have asked me about the worm.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I had patched about 30 servers for this the last week in July. Due to the firewall settings and the patches, I have not had any problems at work.

But from a personal level, 9 people so far have talked to me about this on their home computers.

One xp laptop so far

I was worried about the win 2000 server at work, but it was set on autoupdate, so it seems ok.
    We have a bunch of win2000 desktops that we took off the network a week before the ms blast problem started. We'll have to be careful when we reconnect.

I updated the xp laptop (home edition), which didn't have a firewall, but I updated norton before I connected to the net.

Norton caught and quarantined msblaster halfway through the first of 40 updates. I was able to complete all the updates.

Man, all these reports of infected computers makes you think....

What if there was a payload?

It\'s 106 miles to Chicago, we\'ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it\'s dark and we\'re wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

ive had about 15 people speak with me about that blasted thing, im tired of hearing about it :P

around 20 people actually. But help has been given and im also tired of it. If people would have just patched their computers when it came out. Oh well i guess.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)