Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa lite hidden files folder...you might want to check it out

Re: Kazaa lite hidden files folder...you might want to check it out

how do u take out files from your My Shared Folder?]

Turn off Kazaa.. !

how do u take out files from your My Shared Folder?]
    Turn off Kazaa.. !
    WTF you talking about? No need for smartass comments...we got plenty of smartasses around here...no need for a new one.

Are you trying to move the files or delete em? To delete them, just select the files you want to delete from your "My Shared Files" tab on Kazaa and click the delete button. You can also open "My Shared Folder" and highlight the files you want to delete and press the delete button on your keyboard, hold shift down to permanently delete them or right click on the file and select delete.

To move the files, just cut and paste them to the folder you would like to move them in.

[QUOTE] Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    [B]WTF you talking about? No need for smartass comments...we got plenty of smartasses around here...no need for a new one.

Oboy Cybrid... !!?!
    Don't you see his problem?!
    He is sharing the files, thus not allowing him to delete/move the files because they are in use!

I was serious, stop Kazaa and he can do what he wants to do...

Don't call me boy, I'm a man.

Even if the files are being shared, a user would still be able to delete them from the Kazaa console or by physicaly going inside the folder and deleting them.

I'm glad you were being serious. It came off as a wiseass comment.

Banned
    Even if the files are being shared, a user would still be able to delete them from the Kazaa console or by physicaly going inside the folder and deleting them.
    Not if they are being downloaded by someone

Originally posted here by MemorY
    Not if they are being downloaded by someone
    Exactly... that was my point... if the files are in use, you can't move/delete them.

Anyways... I'm sure Balla007 got helped out by now.. that I think was all ours intention.. !

Cool Well........

Originally posted here by L1nk
    well all those files that were being shared in that folder "85" of them....I never downloaded any of them. I dont know how they got there...make sure you dont have that folder in your comp
    You don't know how they got there?........You installed Kazaa........
    TRINITY IS COOL........
    http://pub2.ezboard.com/btrinityland
    (C++ Novice)

Just to offer some help:

a) to be allowed to delete a Kazaa file anytime, just shutdown Kazaa and delete the file directly on shared folder. All other suggestions here will fail in some circunstances. If file is in use by Kazaa (ie DL it) u cant delete it from Windows, if someone is uploading it, u cant delete it from kazaa console.

b) Besides that Kazaa developer says, Kazaa in all versions "leak" files outside "shared folder". Some features of P2P allow to download and run files without ur permisssions. Other feature "leak" files anyway in ur computer to Internet (or even on remote computers that ur Windows can see, like directory shares). To test it, create a file with a long name, that u couldnt even see on Kazaa network, put a tasty extension on it (like mov, mp3, wav, etc) and store it OUTSIDE of Shared Folders. (like in System32 directory). Leave ur computer with kazaa active at Interner for a week. After that, try to search on Kazaa for that file. U will find it !
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Originally posted here by cacosapo
    Just to offer some help:
    b) Besides that Kazaa developer says, Kazaa in all versions "leak" files outside "shared folder". Some features of P2P allow to download and run files without ur permisssions. Other feature "leak" files anyway in ur computer to Internet (or even on remote computers that ur Windows can see, like directory shares). To test it, create a file with a long name, that u couldnt even see on Kazaa network, put a tasty extension on it (like mov, mp3, wav, etc) and store it OUTSIDE of Shared Folders. (like in System32 directory). Leave ur computer with kazaa active at Interner for a week. After that, try to search on Kazaa for that file. U will find it !
    That's pretty interesting... have you actually tested this??