Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router Simulator

Router Simulator

Friends i am going to sit in CCNA exam and i am preparing for it myself...but i cant have my hand on any router...so what i need is a router simulator software...i am seeking ur suggestion which one i shuld go for probably a free one???
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    http://www.r1r2.com/ <-- this might be good... it can be trying to get on but keep at it..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

sorry mittens but i am behind aproxy server so i cant telnet to it...its blocked...any other help pls...
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, get out from behind it!! (j/k)

Have you checked their links page for other sites?

<edit>

That's (r1r2) the only site I know of. If I find any more I'll let you know...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

http://www.boson.com/netsim/

Is that of any help?
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

NullDevice,
    I don't know much about the ccna exam, but I looked on google and foound what looks like a free router. Maybe you would like to take a look and see if this will help you any.

http://www.freesco.org/?

Good luck on the test.

Freddy
    cybnut

I have the Cisco Esim software. I'm not sure of the liscencing on it, but if you've taken the courses and have the texts you should prolly have access to the software in some way.

I got my CCNA about six months ago and I must say that the cisco simulator was a big help. I paid for it but in the end it was money well spent. The simulations that the cisco simulator give you are identical to the ones on the actual test. It is also helpful because the cisco sim is a bit quirky and it helps to see it before you sit down to take the test.
    -NeuTron

you can also try routersim.
    It is pretty good. I have used it in the past and it has helped me greatly. you can make your own little networks and play around in them.

This is the book I've used with my students past 5 yrs..Includes pretty decent simulator for the money...
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/07...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The content is kinda of watered down. Cisco's is more detailed. However, the sample questions and the simulator helped alot of students pass CCNA. Especially those new to routing/switching

Goodluck