Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO Newsletter: Insight #9

Originally posted here by t34b4g5
    I'm sorry people, i got this addiction to that button i swear.
    Anyhow, i will try to refrain from using tat button..
    One last question i've downloaded the Ao newsletter, unzipped it.
    Then what program do i use to open it.......?
    being stuck trying to work the thing out.
    so could someone please help me.............?
    i promise not to use caps lock button..............!
    cheers
    t34b4g5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    health warning-----------------
    do not under any circumstances fill your bath tub up with petrol---------------
    then get into bath--------------
    light match----------------
    and watch as you get burnt like toast-------------
    will result in severe burnin---------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well i thought it was funny, must be my stupid sense of humor.
    anyhow cheers and hope that you alll have a great day, or night.......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think you need to stay off of the caffine too.

Thanks, MsMittens for another fine publication

BTW, t34b4g5 try this link http://www.acrobat.com You will be able to find the reader there.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

I have read all of the issues and I have to say thanks to Ms Mittens for the hard work she has put into making it and to those who submitted writings and tutorials. I am looking forward to reading the next issue
    That which is eternal cannot die.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    As a follow-up to my article in AO Insight #9, I came across a message on one of my lists that others have put forth similar suggestions.

Frankly, I wasn't aware anyone else even agreed with me, much less did a study or put forth a recommendation, but its nice to know I am not alone.

Here is a link to an article on NetworkWorldFusion: Study: ISPs should block 'Net attack ports

The article discusses a paper called "Internet Service Providers: The Little Man's Firewall," written by Johannes Ullrich, chief technology officer of the SANS Internet Storm Center.

thx, MsMittens

AO, greatest publication maybe AO should sell the a zine in stores for those who miss it.

Anyway as always great work

Talking

Fantastic newsletter Ms. Mittens!! I agree with your editorial 100%! If companies would spend more time considering the implications of not properly maintaining service levels for their systems I feel there would be fewer systems compromised by some of the latest viri/worms.

After working for a big company for many years and being involved with maintaining the network at a branch office I know how it goes. Upper management only thinks about the bottom line and the limited "budget" dollars for personnel not what affects this could have on a companies operations. I personally saw the affects of the Blaster worm on our network and I laughed my @## off due to the fact that our MIS department said we could not "ever" be affected by any such viri or worm. I spent five hours patching fifty workstations and running a cleaner app just to make sure that the systems were okay. It was ridiculous!

Anyways once again great newsletter and I can't wait for the 10th edition!!!

ccKid

thank you that is such a brilliant newsletter good job mm

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Finally updated the complete set. In addition, you'll notice in my signature that I've included a link to the "Complete Single File" Set (all 9 issues in one file) for download (2MB+).

If you have problems open the files, let me know. I have been playing with WinZip 9.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Albeit this is a bit late, thanks much for another great newsletter MM and contributing authors!

Looking forward to the Insight issue!

\"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal

I have been looking forward to this for a while now!!! YAY! Its newsletter time!
    Keep up the great work!