Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIAA settles with 12-year-old girl

RIAA settles with 12-year-old girl

The RIAA has gone too far with this Suing bullsh!t
    Barely 24 hours after suing alleged file swappers around the United States, the recording industry has settled its first, agreeing to drop its case against a 12-year-old New York girl in exchange for $2,000

http://news.com.com/2100-1027-5073717.html?tag=nl

Banned
    Project Against the RIAA ... if they start suing kids thats one more reason to join planet maddness at http://www.planetmaddness.com/riaa/

The RIAA have indeed gone too far, and I htink they could have fought AND won it. The circumstances alone would have convinced a jury to award the kid damages for pain and suffering. I mean, c'mon, they thought they bought a service for the "premium" thinking once they paid that it was legal. That in itself is a good defense, and the fact it's a 12 year old girl is another great defense as well.

They can all whither die and burn in hell as far as I am concerned.

If the world only knew how many copyrights I was violating back when I was 12. I made this girl look like a saint. Poor, poor girl....

Banned
    ALL THAY ARE AFTER IS MONEY... HOW SAD AND PARTHETIC THRE LIVES MUST BE...

Nightfalls_Girl

I agree. They are a bunch of lowlifes. Damn I hope they roast in hell. although i dont believe in hell I sure hope its very very hot there!!

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Here in Australia to prosecute any child under the age of 14 (this may vary slightly from state to state), the prosecution MUST prove that the child knew what they were doing was wrong, she said she didn't think she was doing anything wrong - case dismissed - or would never have been entertained here .....

I am sure there would be similar laws in the U.S. to protect kiddies from the bullies of the legal system - if she were my child I would be telling the RIAA to go shove it in a place that the sun does not shine and not shelled out a cent !!!

Stop buying CDs. Write them a polite letter and explain why you will
    not be buying CDs. Tell them what your demands are, if they want you
    to resume buying.

The recording industry could be crushed in a matter of days.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

That could work but alot of people would have to do it and not back down for any reason. The RIAA just pissed off alot more people by making that 12 year old girl pay $2000 that is just not right. They are heartless *****s.
    That which is eternal cannot die.

Banned
    Capitalist pigs.