Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can you get around the RIAA

If I was using shareware application that’s what I’d probably do.

Setup my firewall so that my ip is invisible to the net
    Have my shareware application connection through anonymous proxies
    Keep my shareware sharing folder empty, newly download files should be copied into cd rom or another folder with good ACL.
    Monitor my disk and network activity in real time whilst downloading.
    If possible I’d register with an ISP which does not require my really name and address and so on.
    If possible I’d connect to the net with a pay as you go account, mobile phone or wireless hotspot.
    I’d reinstall my shareware application as often as possible and change my username as often as well.
    I wouldn’t feel guilty about it because I did not go to a shop and bought cd and convert it to mp3 and shared it with world, I’M SIMPLY GETTING A COPY OF A FILE THAT SOMEONE ELSE DECIDED TO SHARE WITH WORLD.
    smilies are ON

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Originally posted here by micky05
    If I was using shareware application that’s what I’d probably do.

Setup my firewall so that my ip is invisible to the net
    Kewl..... Can you tell me how to do that..... That could be really useful to be able to make my IP address disappear.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Sorry i didn't mean that way, I meant setup your firewall to drop connection when someone tries to connect - even that won't help much because most shareware application function as a server with an ip address and port number exposed to net and ready to serve.

That would be the best option Have my shareware application connection through anonymous proxies
    smilies are ON

Can we stop looking at this as part of a law. It's music people. I'm sorry, but to me music is art. I may sound like a tree huggin hippie (which i am) but art is more than a means to make money. Art is sharing what you feel in the media which you best can. I make music so others can feel the way I feel. I think it is said the music has gone from expression, to dollars and cents. When did music become about money, fame, american idol, and break dancing. Maybe it's not the RIAA's fault, but ours, for supporting artists that arn't trying to tell us something, but trying to sell us something.

deaflamb