Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microsoft software piracy

microsoft software piracy

is it true that microsoft would pay if someone would report people pirating their software? if yes, how much?

I dunno.. but why.. you thinking of becoming a snitch for hire ?

"I dunno.. but why.. you thinking of becoming a snitch for hire?"

LOL

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

piracy is quite common here in the phillipines.
    \"SpeAk YouRSelF\"

piracy is quite common here in the phillipines.
    isn't the piracy rate in Asia like 90%?

Yes they would pay people. But I guess that you would have to go to court and testify and they probably have to win for them to pay you. And I would be that they wouldn't bother about small users if you snitched these to them.

The BSA is actually the organization that you report software piracy to. I have never heard of anybody getting paid to snitch. Usually it works out that a disgruntled employee wants to get back at their employer so they put in the call to the BSA. The charge per pirated license is something like 50k. I have heard of companies getting hit with 1mil+ fines.

Hey guys,

I have this private deal with Mr Gates.....................as long as I keep paying him for the software, he won't tell anyone.

So I get to keep my street cred?

Good weekend folks

..muhaha...

what bsa is looking for are companies using a single user license as a server version
    to make 500 clients working with it.
    if you was fired and your boss is doing so^^ ,hrhrhr, you now can kick his ass.
    i wouldn't do, but it's up to you.

He is very either very honest or looking for some IT payback. If an IT manager is smart he will enforce software licensing. After all, I would hate to lose a high paying job because someone found out a main database server was running withoug a license????

To discredit onces reputation and career over something so trivial is foolish, especially when Linux is a good alternative. It's true that keeping up is close to impossible but due diligence could be worth it's weight in court. Assuming anyone will ever end up there.

All you want to know about MS policies.... from the source:

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.asp
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.