Thread: CD Writing s/w help needed !!!

Unhappy CD Writing s/w help needed !!!

i was installing a CD Writer Software..Firstly i tried ADAPTEC Software but i was greeted up with a error message stating some " VIRTUAL DEVICE DRIVER FORMAT IN REGISTRY IS NOT CORRECT"..( For detailed error message please see the attachment below..)
    I also tried installing another software but same error sprung up???

Kindly help..

you may want to reinstall the drivers for your cd burner or try the website they may have a fix
    chown -r us ./bases

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    Locate and click the following value:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD

On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    On the Edit menu, click Add Value.
    Type VDD in the Value Name box, click REG_MULTI_SZ for the Data Type, and then click OK.
    The Multi-String editor appears. Leave this entry blank and click OK.
    Quit Registry Editor.
    Source http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254914

You know if you would search google or yahoo for the problem first you probably would of found this.
    =

The Iceman Cometh
    Cheyenne solved your problem for you.

Also, I recommend installing a 32-bit CD-writing program (such as Roxio Easy CD Creator (formerly Adaptec) or Nero Burning Rom). You're gonna have a lot of problems trying to run a 16-bit CD writing program on a 32-bit OS (trust me... been there, done that).

AJ

Another thing

Install the current ASPI layers which are avaliable from Adaptec. They help a bunch. Granted Nero and Easy CD Creator install their own versions but I like the Adaptec ones.
    Risk everything, or gain nothing.

Thanx everybody 4 their kind suggestions...my problem have been solved...

Cheyenne, I'll definitely do home work from my side next time i make a post over here...

avdven, i m in process of dowloading 32-bit CD-writing programs... Thanx once again...